My Hero Academia Anime Discussion
28576   201

• Other Anime

Synopsis: Mankind has evolved with the sudden appearance of quirks: unique traits or abilities commonly considered superpowers. While initially rare, now 4 out of every 5 people are born with their own quirk. For most people, their quirk is simply a basic part of their everyday lives. Some, however use their quirks to commit crimes. To combat these villains, others began using their quirks for the common good, becoming professional heroes. Young Izuku Midoriya dreams of becoming a hero on par with All Might, the world's top hero. However, his hopes are dashed after learning at a young age that he is one of the increasingly few born quirkless, without a superpower. Unwillingly to let go of his dream, young Izuku experiences a fateful encounter with his idol, leading him to enroll at UA Academy, the most prestigious hero-training high school in all Japan. But will he be able to accomplish his dream? And who will help him on his way?

First episode is out, please use spoiler tags as needed. Discuss!

• Other Anime

This is definitely one of the most highly anticipated series to come out in recent memory. Been a reader of the source manga for a long while now. I can remember a year ago at this time wondering how much longer we'd hafta wait for an anime adaptation to come, but it's here at last. And I'm happy to say, the first episode anyway, was pretty damn great. I loved the opening and endings. The overall components of the show: art, animation, music, voice work all seem top notch. It was a very thorough episode. It only adapted the first 2/3rds or so of the first chapter of the manga. While some might find that slow I think it was a good thing, showing great care with the source material. They built the initial world and premise very well so far, early as it is. At the same time with only 13 episodes and this pacing they won't make it very far into the story. If I had to guess...

It'll probably end after what the wiki calls the Unforeseen Simulation Joint Arc, Chapter 21.

Regardless very promising start.

• Babbling Banned

Need Frog Girl.
    Also, MC really doesnt have powers?
    Thats cool.
    It can either make him a big f**kkin loser, or a big f**kkin badass.

Onii-chan in the streets, Sempai in the Sheets

• Other Anime

Heh, yeah the frog girl's a bit of a fan favorite. Plenty of fan art with her as you can imagine. XD

• Babbling Banned

I dont have to imagine...

Onii-chan in the streets, Sempai in the Sheets

• Other Anime

No, I suppose you don't. XD

• Helper

Grrr on a vacation trip with family can't watch it nooooowww....

alt text

• Other Anime

Sorry for your suffering. XD

• Helper

how many eps is this.

[adult swim]
    digital dash

• Other Anime

13....which I clearly wrote in a previous post. -_-

• Helper

after glancing at the first post, i read no more.

ty.

[adult swim]
    digital dash

• Other Anime

Gee, thanks. -_-

• Helper

read no more as in i couldnt read anymore 'cause im a tad busy, not like i was turned off by the show and didnt want to..read..whoa.

[adult swim]
    digital dash

alt text

• Other Anime

@Other-Anime just in case there are others like Pyro watching this without knowing a discussion thread exists.

Uhhh anyway, I mentioned this in the What are you Watching? thread but I was really afraid of Funimation overhyping this one. TOO MANY EMAILS!

But it was good. I look forward to more. Deku a cute.

thanks bud

• Other Anime

Oh this is gonna be great. I love the source material. :)

Neat.

I think I'll be picking up a lot more anime than I did Winter season. I hope I can keep up with all of them.

• Other Anime

Someone elsewhere linked this earlier and I lold. Little Deku headbangin'. XD

• Other Anime Banned

Might be animu of the season.

fuh q.