NHL thread
35465   421

• Babbling

I don't see one as of yet, so I'll jump in & make it my first post on the new board(s)...

Anyone else not a fan of the new "All Star" format? I don't care much for the 3 on 3 OT, and changing the All Star format doesn't help.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• Helper

They made OT 3 on 3? Weak.
    I'm kind of curious, how many Blackhawks got indicted for rape in the off season?

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• Toonami Banned

I'm still waiting for the makeup date for the Islanders/Flyers game I had tickets to. It was supposed to occur last Saturday, but you know, blizzard.

Soldier hold your sword high...
    Swing it like a Samurai...
    Now don't get all out of pride...
    From the Afro Samurai...

• Babbling

Jingai said:

I'm kind of curious, how many Blackhawks got indicted for rape in the off season?

None. Nor were charges filed for lying to the police about being raped.

• Babbling

Oh, and no Ovi or Toews. Ovi can't use one of his hands & Toews left the last game he was in ill. The announcers said that a stomach thing had been going through the Blackhawks locker room as well as other teams.

Both will be suspended one game for missing the All-Star game. While I get that the NHL doesn't want "Star players" bailing on the game, you would think they'd be able to investigate if the absence is legit or not and react accordingly.

• ShoeHands

tsar4 said:

I don't see one as of yet, so I'll jump in & make it my first post on the new board(s)...

Anyone else not a fan of the new "All Star" format? I don't care much for the 3 on 3 OT, and changing the All Star format doesn't help.

I didnt make one because I was the only one posting in the one on the old boards.

But that said.........JOHN SCOTT FTW!!! I am so voting for him as the All Star MVP, no matter what happens.

I never really like dthe All Star game. I prefer the skills competition far more. I think its a better product than the game because the players actually try, and the skills they have are just amazing.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• ShoeHands

Loving the skills comp so far :D

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Helper

tsar4 said:

Jingai said:

None. Nor were charges filed for lying to the police about being raped.

So, that whole thing was much adieu about nothing. Figures.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• Babbling

Master-Debater131 said:

tsar4 said:

I didnt make one because I was the only one posting in the one on the old boards.

But that said.........JOHN SCOTT FTW!!! I am so voting for him as the All Star MVP, no matter what happens.

I never really like dthe All Star game. I prefer the skills competition far more. I think its a better product than the game because the players actually try, and the skills they have are just amazing.

Nice artcle in the Chicago Trib about Scott & his decision. He said he totally understood & agreed that he really shouldn't be in the game and was all set to say so, but then the NHL had to go and say something along the lines of "how would he explain to his daughter why he played when he wasn't a 'star'?". That made him angry enough to go through with attending.

• ShoeHands

tsar4 said:

Master-Debater131 said:

tsar4 said:

Nice artcle in the Chicago Trib about Scott & his decision. He said he totally understood & agreed that he really shouldn't be in the game and was all set to say so, but then the NHL had to go and say something along the lines of "how would he explain to his daughter why he played when he wasn't a 'star'?". That made him angry enough to go through with attending.

I saw the article he wrote about that as well. Talk about a dick move by the NHL. If I was him I would respond the exact same way.

John Scott got one loud round of applause when he came on the ice as well. Im voting for him for All Star MVP no matter how the game goes

• Babbling

@Master-Debater131 - he's the closest we've got to a Hanson Brother in the All-Star Game.

He needs the glasses though.

• ShoeHands

Ha! That would have been great. The funny thing is theres a ton of NHL fans who love the guy. I know I do. Im glad he gets to play in the game. One last hurrah for one of the last true enforcers in the game.

• Babbling

I liked him with the Hawks, but it was pretty obvious he didn't fit the plan.

• ShoeHands

Yea. Really though he just doesnt fit the NHL anymore. The game has become so fast that guys like him just dont have a place. This might be the last time we see an enforcer take the ice.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Babbling

JOHN SCOTT SCORES!!!

• ShoeHands

JOHN SCOTT!!!

I love it. Gets the first goal for the Pacific and has one great celebration.

• Babbling

Kane drops the gloves & goes after Scott! I LOVE IT!

• ShoeHands

OK this is great. Scott lays out Kane, then gets a break away, Rinne makes the save, goal at the other end then Kane and Scott drop the gloves.

Absolutely loving this.

• Babbling

SCOTT SCORES AGAIN!

• Babbling