Preacher starts tonight
1927   40

I'm cautiously optimistic , though i can already tell they've made more than a few changes.

Monsters come in many shapes and sizes . I'm all of them

• Banned

I'm fine with a few changes. They seem to lean on the side of more character development rather than less, which is cool with me. The great majority of critics who have read and liked the books are raving about it.

True , as long as they're small , i guess i can live with that.

• SwimNinja

Oh Jesus, in order not to miss anything, I have to catch the last couple minutes of Fear the Walking Dead. Blegh.

"The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita

• SwimNinja

So, I guess we're gonna hear bitching from a certain 'religious' organization.

Of course , once they ge wind. I wouldn't be surprised if it already happened.

• Banned

I liked it. A lot of unanswered questions for the uninitiated. All the characters are immediately interesting and fun. I'm actually surprised at how gruesome Arseface isn't. I'm so used to Glenn Fabry's paintings of him.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fa/bd/0c/fabd0c15ed70c91bb0870e0c8c11c381.jpg

• SwimSage Banned

I will wait until next week since it's two weeks until the next one. (unless the guide is stupid and they aren't showing the premiere again for Memorial Day weekend)

• Mobile Suit Gundam

That action scene aboard the plane was badass!

Remember, just like Samurai Champloo's last 7 episodes, if you missed it you can catch it during Memorial Day Weekend!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimNinja

DAYME said:

I liked it. A lot of unanswered questions for the uninitiated. All the characters are immediately interesting and fun. I'm actually surprised at how gruesome Arseface isn't. I'm so used to Glenn Fabry's paintings of him.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fa/bd/0c/fabd0c15ed70c91bb0870e0c8c11c381.jpg

I'm a sucker for sweet characters in violent/cynical shows, so I really hope he doesn't get killed off anytime soon.

• Swimuminati

I'm new to Preacher so, unlike GOT, I won't be spending half my viewing time critiquing it...it looks good and i'm just going to enjoy it...

• Banned

The pilot is up for free on AMC's website. Go watch it immediately if you haven't yet. Conservative and religious news outlets are already bitching about this show, and we haven't even dipped our toes into the real controversies yet.

http://www.amc.com/shows/preacher

Sorce said:

DAYME said:

I'm a sucker for sweet characters in violent/cynical shows, so I really hope he doesn't get killed off anytime soon.

As long as they're folling pretty close to to the comic , he doesn't.

Good to hear.

• IB

I thought the first episode was pretty awesome.

• Banned

"It aint."

Only lines out of SoK actor so far and I am sold on him.

• Banned

• SwimNinja

Tonight's episode really showed Preacher's flaws in stretching the story out. Jesse taking forever to act is starting to make him so unlikable that I really don't care when he's onscreen. And even though I usually don't read comic spoilers of these type of adaptations, I had to about Eugene because the show just killed a lot of the audience's sympathy for him. I think there's more to the show's version of his past, but with it stretched out like this, it leaves a glaring plot hole of why he's not locked up. This deviation doesn't feel well thought out, and now I'm stuck with only Tulip and Cassidy to care about in a show that frequently jumps around several characters. -Sigh-

I can see where your frustration lies , mostly because they're drawing things out . In the first issue they're pretty much already on the road. The backstory is just pretty much how he came to be in possession of Genesis and how they all wound up together. I didn't think it was fair tat he condemed Arseface to hell , especially since he didn't do anything wrong besides tell him what HE was doing was wrong . They''re probably gonna lose a lot of viewrs cause of that , and rightfully so. Arseface was a fan favorite So good luck Seth , you stupid ass. I love you but you're an idiot.

Damn. Cassidy was my favorite character. I'm having a hard time with this show cuz I really dislike the protagonist. I like the show. Hate the main character.

• Swimuminati

I don't care about the buttface guy, but if Cassidy is gone, i'm jumpin' ship...