It’s been 8 months and Trevor Noah’s ‘Daily Show’ still sucks
2115   29

• Banned

• Banned

It's beyond horrible......I hate everyone involved.

• King Of the Hill Banned

In other news, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee continues to be awesome. However, I am a bit salty that they f**ked up last night's episode.

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• Banned

I guess that's what you get when you choose a host for maximum pie chart marketing appeal who didn't have a single political joke on his resume beforehand.

• Banned

To be honest I only ever watched Jon Stewart on occasion. Like once every week, or whatever, when nothing else was on.

I mostly watched for his personality -- I don't even know who Trevor Noah is, besides he came from nowhere to somehow snag Stewart's slot.

I really don't know if he is or isn't funny but Jon Stewart himself was only every moderately funny.

if this guy is worse than Stewart then sht -- he must be at best medicore....either way I don't watch tv enough to really care any more. I work so much now that I'm lucky to get 2-3 hrs online every day.

• Rants

Not as shocking as where this story originally ran...

http://variety.com/2016/voices/columns/comedy-central-daily-show-1201740385/

ASMB Member since March 23, 2004.
    If brevity is the soul of wit, then abbreviation is the death of the soul.

• Toonami

Just about all I ever tune into Comedy Central for anymore is @midnight and Not Safe with Nikki Glaser.

I watch South Park when new episodes air, but it's been hit-or-miss for a while imo. I probably watch it out of habit more than anything at this point.

• Banned

Oliver's show is the real successor to Jon Stewart's run. CC should have been smart and matched whatever price he wanted to host after Stewart left. He proved himself to be a viable following act when he substituted for Stewart for that months long period when he was off directing his movie.

• Banned

DAYME said:

I guess that's what you get when you choose a host for maximum pie chart marketing appeal who didn't have a single political joke on his resume beforehand.

If you saw his first appearance on the show he tanked hard with the studio audience. Shit, Colbert would have done a lot better as the Stewart's replacement instead of Letterman's because he's tanking over at the Late Show.

• IB

3 words: Affirmative Action Hire. It sure wasn't because he's funny.

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

The nightly show is much better, imo.

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

• Banned

Greeny said:

3 words: Affirmative Action Hire.

That's retarded..They had Wilmore and Cenac already on deck if they just wanted a black dude..... There are any number of reasons they made this shitty decision, but seeing this as a situation that calls for waving the affirmative action flag is dubious at best

• Banned

PsychoticCyberBully said:

Greeny said:

3 words: Affirmative Action Hire.

That's retarded..They had Wilmore and Cenac already on deck if they just wanted a black dude..... There are any number of reasons they made this shitty decision, but seeing this as a situation that calls for waving the affirmative action flag is dubious at best

It's way too reductionist to just say "black guy." As you pointed out there are a bunch of those on CC already. It's because Trevor Noah is Trevor Noah. He's an amalgam of transnational accents and ethnicities that is ready to hashtag to the millennials at a moment's notice. To a corporate entertainment company they see in him the ability to be all things to all people with dimples to spare. That's why they hired him and why they love him despite the fact that he's talentless and taking a ratings crap. They just attribute that to inadequate Twitter marketing. It's the same reason retailers say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" now. Not because there's a War on Christmas™, but because in the name of profits they want to cast as wide a net as possible. Accommodating everyone while offending no one is what you do when you want to smother comedy with a pillow.

• Banned

DAYME said:

Oliver's show is the real successor to Jon Stewart's run. CC should have been smart and matched whatever price he wanted to host after Stewart left. He proved himself to be a viable following act when he substituted for Stewart for that months long period when he was off directing his movie.

All John Oliver does is whine about stuff.

I don't know anything about his personal life.

Maybe he's a great father at home who doesn't want his daughter dating black men.

shrug

He should still kill himself though.

• Banned

Squirter said:

DAYME said:

All John Oliver does is whine about stuff.

I don't know anything about his personal life.

Maybe he's a great father at home who doesn't want his daughter dating black men.

shrug

He should still kill himself though.

I like how pissy you get when presented with educated facts, instead of Alex Jones conservatardism.

• Banned

• SwimPirate

Aww I like him.

"You know what they say: "If they're not inflatable they're not datable" :cool: :ballon: - TrigunBebop
    "You haven't Idealized Mankind, you've deformed it, you've mutilated it, and that's the real joke" - Nightowl

• Banned

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/059/354/b85.jpg

Beyond hilarious. A true comedic genius.

• Banned

That stupid bitch Samantha Bee sucks hard too.

If you gotta go go with a smile

• Banned

Lol everyone banned.

It's a nice morning and I feel like using it to talk about how Trevor Noah still sucks.

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/16/the_daily_show_is_dead_to_me_trevor_noah_will_never_ever_be_good_at_his_job_also_thanks_a_lot_for_donald_trump/

PsychoticCyberBully said:

It's beyond horrible......I hate everyone involved.

Damn, what got Buddy Banned?
    Also, yeah it kinda sucks.
    its pretty much either:

1. "This happens in Africa. but it also happens in America! FUNNY!"
      or
    2. "White people are crazy!"

The show

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.