how to post from within a category
932   9

• IB

for some reason, categories are different on most browsers than the recent threads list in that there is no "Create Post" button in the upper right corner.

BUT - if you go into any topic in the category, the button will appear. It's up in the upper right corner of the screen and says "Create Post".

If you click that, you will then be able to post a new topic to the specific category you are in.

Said thread will also show up on the Most Recent/Home page in addition to which ever category you create it in (be it Toonami, General, etc)

• Banned

Don't you have more important things to attend to instead of catering to the crybabies. 😐

• IB

This is actually something I was going to do when I first tossed up the folder and completely forgot about until just now.

It may also be in the general floats, but it's been so long since we made those now and those are floated in General Category, which pretty much nobody sees anyhow.

• IB Banned

Idk why you just don't create the folders and be done with it.

Email this so called manager, say to him that if he doesn't answer you at this point about creating the folders that it's the same as him saying 'go ahead', and just fking do it.

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:
    > IB's last thread was by Viperslayer

• IB Banned

I mean you've been here longer than he has right?

Pft. It's not like they did anything tasking with nodebb anyway. It's pretty much drag and drop install. You've got seniority here bro.

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:
    > IB's last thread was by Viperslayer

• IB

We'll see how stuff goes. If the Toonami stuff goes well over the weekend, will just keep going along the same lines.

Again, personally speaking, I don't think we need a ton of categories.

So even at most, I'd probably only add like maybe 3 more (site support, [as] comedy, and IB).

But there's a better chance it'll be solid and sustained progress if I do it correctly, notifying admins about it as we go, than to just sort of "go rogue", which would probably stand a very good chance of eliminating any progress made, and also damage or outright prevent any future attempts.

• Banned

SwimMod_Luuv said:

This is actually something I was going to do when I first tossed up the folder and completely forgot about until just now.

It may also be in the general floats, but it's been so long since we made those now and those are floated in General Category, which pretty much nobody sees anyhow.

Do yourself a favor and forget it again.

• Toonami Banned

Hell is your problem? We have something close enough to folders that we can avoid a lot of the problems. Don't ruin it.

Soldier hold your sword high...
    Swing it like a Samurai...
    Now don't get all out of pride...
    From the Afro Samurai...

• Toonami

Well I know I bookmarked the Category already seeing that it would be easy to get there, without having to go through tons of posts that the IB people are trying to flood the main page.