Experimentals II: the boardening
2183   33

• IB

With secret Toonami clear, there doesn't seem like any reason not to just toss up the rest, and just get it all done in one big dump. so one big confusing thing instead of stringing it out into smaller confusing things.

I will make a directory thread to float so people can find everything even easier than they can now.

This will basically mean way less floats in the General, so more thread space. Also gives folks some alternate anchor points if they're into that, and niche places to go hang out.

Although, it's actually not a gigantic change overall, as all threads will still automatically appear on the Homepage/recent threads list regardless of where they are posted.

This allows for folks that are just into a specific thing, to anchor to that category if they want, or bookmark it for easy reference. or they can just hang with the Home page and see every thread posted on the whole board.

so adding:

http://boards.adultswim.com/category/4/adultswim-com-site-support

for organizational purposes

http://boards.adultswim.com/category/1/adult-swim

for relevance.

http://boards.adultswim.com/category/8/toonami

for relevance, user requests, and traffic/social reasons

http://boards.adultswim.com/category/2/general-discussion

same ol same ol

http://boards.adultswim.com/category/9/incoherent-babbling

for user request.

• Banned

Fine.

Then Babbling will just f**k all of em up.

If you gotta go go with a smile

• Banned

Is it really that hard to make folders?

but, that would mean that one would have to 'watch' a particular thread,

which would lead to an insane amount of notifications, which,

is a complete pain in the ass to clear out.

*and before anyone says well, the mobile device blah blah, not everyone

is on a mobile device*

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• IB

nope. it's super super easy actually.

• IB

I really should try to maybe get that taken care of. It's a thing I'm hearing a lot about recently.

SwimMod_Luuv said:

I really should try to maybe get that taken care of. It's a thing I'm hearing a lot about recently.

i've been asking about this since day 23

yeah, i know you are. ty

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

Shouldn't "General Discussion" be "Babbling"

• IB

Technically it should, but that's part of visual aesthetic that I've been told not to mess with. I might send em an email.

see - back on the old board, if we wanted to just even - like change a folder name for fun, we could.

It's such an odd situation. Because - like now it seems like there's nobody paying attention, and yet, volunteers are more constricted than ever in terms of what we're allowed to do.

My last instruction was I could do stuff as long as it didn't effect the visual aesthetic of the board at all (which is why these categories are invisible on the category list) and didn't interfere with the navigation (IE, re-link the home page to categories, or add links to categories or anything like that).

• IB Banned

Add a new thread button to each of those page indexes and you solve the problem.

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:
    > IB's last thread was by Viperslayer

• IB Banned

Viperslayer said:

Add a new thread button to each of those page indexes and you solve the problem.

This this this this this this this

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:

• IB Banned

Viperslayer said:

Viperslayer said:

This.

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:

• IB Banned

Viperslayer said:

Viperslayer said:

Viperslayer said:

This.

And one more 'THIS' for good measure.

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:

• IB

not allowed to.

• IB Banned

SwimMod_Luuv said:

not allowed to.

Omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

What about the plugin functionality that YOU said we can make shit for?

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:

• IB Banned

Is there an email address for your manager? I'm dead serious and I promise I'll be civil. I'll be as proper as my recent application to Drexel U.

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:

• IB

basically anything anybody suggests/submits plugin wise I'll email admins about and see if we can get.

• IB Banned

SwimMod_Luuv said:

basically anything anybody suggests/submits plugin wise I'll email admins about and see if we can get.

I doubt the one thing that would essentially turn this place into a traditional forum would be accepted.

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:

• IB

I'm thinking I might be able to get a 'create post' button and possibly a 'clear all' for notifications.

I'm also going to try to get them to use the "Reputation Rules" plugin if I can. Which is the only one I seem to be able to find that effects reputation/upvoting/downvoting settings.

So I think there is stuff they'll possibly accept.

• SwimLegend

SwimMod_Luuv said:

I'm thinking I might be able to get a 'create post' button and possibly a 'clear all' for notifications.

I'm also going to try to get them to use the "Reputation Rules" plugin if I can. Which is the only one I seem to be able to find that effects reputation/upvoting/downvoting settings.

So I think there is stuff they'll possibly accept.

A clear all for notifications would be sweet. I'm excited for that one

Oh bother...

• IB

The other thing is we might be experimenting with blog posts.

basically, it's something for Helpers to do, as well as provide a means of news/whatever about specific shows on the block.

The idea being, rather than have a gazillion show folders, there's literally a little corral of blog threads. When there's new info, it posts, and then the thread sinks on down the list til there's something new to add, then it gets bumped up.

So they won't be traditional reply threads, just quickie announcement threads about show related stuff. And sometimes other stuff will get tossed in too like pics from the show or whatever else. Contest ideas for the board. Possibly other stuff as well.

Mostly I don't think it'll be particularly noticeable, as again, they'll sink down the list pretty quickly. But people will have the option of marking them to watch if they're interested in that particular show, also they'll be able to sneak into the blog coral and look at threads there as well.

So it's kind of something that's there to give helpers a creative outlet, and serve the block/shows, that won't be super intrusive, but will be there for those that are interested.