Categories now visible on categories page
2142   40

• IB

on the Categories page

http://boards.adultswim.com/categories

all users should now be able to see the categories list from there.

Since categories is not officially linked anywhere on the board, it's pretty much the same as having unlinked categories. Admins were notified of the change and voiced no objection.

It's possible it'll have to be walked back.

But basically, anybody who wants to surf the boards from the category page can now bookmark that and use it as their anchor page.

Why do you have to do all of this on the DL?

...Also, thank you.

where the * am I?

• Other Anime Banned

you should make the drop dead visible

• Toonami

@SwimMod_Luuv

you this might be to little to late we lost 90% of us and they are not coming back of all bull shit been going on

• Helper

I don't think they care about this place one way or another...I mean adult swim in general which is sad.

I miss banners and html and easy to navigate boards, not this reddit crap.

I am very glad that you have at least gotten us some folders.

Important links:
    Chats Notifications Users Markdown
    Don't make me call Big T to get you.

• IB Banned

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:
    > IB's last thread was by Viperslayer

• IB Banned

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    I need a consensus now.

How many people use a desktop to post from most of the time and use FF, Edge, Chrome, or Opera?

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:
    > IB's last thread was by Viperslayer

• IB

back in my day we didn't have your fancy DNS and DHCP servers. we had to walk 15 miles uphill both ways to send a letter that would be repeated back on a bulletin board message and we liked it

This sig is an awesome sig. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: - InsaneFox
    some of us are good at suck - discolemonade

• IB

it's complicated.

basically management doesn't want us to interfere with, and I quote, their "artistic vision" for the board.

which includes not having anything linked up, and only being able to access the recent posts page and some other - pretty ridiculous stuff.

so - we're trying to find workarounds. And keeping our actual board admins apprised so they can let us know if we shouldn't do it.

• IB

no u

Holy hell they actively want this place to die dont they?
    Their "artistic vision" for the board?
    I never considered death that artistic.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• IB

I think we've seen that a lot of em, even the ones that left mad, sneak back to check up on stuff. And maybe as they see things start to change and more of their requests being dealt with, they might decide to stick around longer.

Also when the board is actually presentable, we'll probably start getting the word out that it's here.

Right now it would be sort of counter-productive to do that, since it's kind of wonky and strange and hard to use, especially for new posters. But once things get a bit more simple for new users, and a bit more familiar to older ones, I think we can maybe get more people hanging out here.

• IB

Banners is something I want to get back.

we have a very narrow-band version in Groups, and some Helpers have put up banners for some of those.

But I really would like to get back full banneritizationz capabilities that we had on the old board (html sections maybe).

Navigation will be an ongoing fight, but we're not giving up on it. So I can only imagine we'll win it eventually.

• IB

me.

I'm almost always on a desktop.

Thank you Gwyndolin.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• SwimNerd

SwimMod_Luuv said:

I think we've seen that a lot of em, even the ones that left mad, sneak back to check up on stuff. And maybe as they see things start to change and more of their requests being dealt with, they might decide to stick around longer.

Also when the board is actually presentable, we'll probably start getting the word out that it's here.

Right now it would be sort of counter-productive to do that, since it's kind of wonky and strange and hard to use, especially for new posters. But once things get a bit more simple for new users, and a bit more familiar to older ones, I think we can maybe get more people hanging out here.

I'm one of those folks who left mad. I'd pretty much given up on this place. It's been what, about three months since I checked out? Geez. Color me shocked when I did my like weekly check of the categories page to see actual categories. Correct me if I'm wrong here though, but it doesn't seem like these are actual folders like before still. Meaning, I don't see anything in the url that would indicate this thread belongs in a particular category. If you post a new topic then, does it automically get categorized somehow, or does a mod or helper have to move it or something?

Either way, not happy to see OA anyway being put in with general discussion. Won't be sticking around if that's how things are gonna wind up.

ROOT BEER: It's so bubbly . . . and cloying . . . and happy . . .
    It's insidious . . . just like me =)
    DCO's DVDs

• SwimPunk Banned

forum is a forum!

srry

• IB

OA is probably the last big area that has yet to get it's own category I guess (unless you count Babbling, which is basically the General Discussion folder). So far there don't appear to be any huge issues between OA type posters and General Discussion posters such that it would be required. Nor have we had a ton of requests. Though we've had some. Maybe enough to think about it at some point.

If more people ask for it, or it there seem to be issues arising over too many anime threads in the General Discussion folder, or something along those lines, I think we'd probably toss one up.

• Toonami

SwimMod_Luuv said:

i hope your right

• IB Banned

Youre making all these folders and pages, but no direct links from the boards. Kinda defeats the purpose. At least on mobile it does, not sure about comp.

All greatness comes from loss
    Swimeival
    06-10-2004
    boards.adultswim.com/users

• SwimNerd

I wish there were like a general TV/movies discussion category for non Adult Swim stuff. I think OA would fit better in something like that than in a category as broad as General Discussion is. I don't want to have to scan more than a couple of pages to find the threads I want to post in, and I fear OA stuff is still gonna get buried a lot in a place with as much traffic as General Discussion seems to get.

As far as more people requesting it... I just fear a lot of the OA regulars have already abandoned ship at this point, like I did/have. At this point, I'm still not back aboard really. I'll wait and see how things shake out.

ROOT BEER: It's so bubbly . . . and cloying . . . and happy . . .
    It's insidious . . . just like me =)
    DCO's DVDs