Toonami Faithful Podcast Discussion
1890   40

• Helper

Here's the latest episode of the Toonami Faithful Podcast

We discuss Gundam, Hunter x Hunter and what Viz Media and Hulu have been up to lately.

No f-bombs censored and fair warning there are a lot of them. I'm not sure if we'll stay uncensored, we'll see what feedback we get before making that call.

http://podcast.toonamifaithful.com/toonami-faithful-podcast-202-gundam-homecoming-or-all-the-f-we-have-to-give-explicit/

• Toonami

Oh hey, that's my current wallpaper!

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

• Helper

Note to @ben0119 , this episode (episode 202) contains no Darrell same goes for episode 201 and 198. Jim is also absent from 201. Both Jim and Darrell are absent from 199. That explanation probably sounds like a word problem on a math test.

• Toonami Banned

Sketchor said:

Note to @ben0119 , this episode (episode 202) contains no Darrell same goes for episode 201 and 198. Jim is also absent from 201. Both Jim and Darrell are absent from 199. That explanation probably sounds like a word problem on a math test.

With their absence, which of the following has occurred:

A). World Peace
    B). God's death
    C). Cessation of Ben's whining
    D). Ennui
    E). All of the above

• Toonami

And yet Ben probably won't watch any of them, because reasons.

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

• King Of the Hill Banned

MasqueradeUnderture said:

Sketchor said:

With their absence, which of the following has occurred:

A). World Peace
    B). God's death
    C). Cessation of Ben's whining
    D). Ennui
    E). All of the above

I'm guessing that you don't like Jim?

I have to admit, I'm okay with him on the podcast, but I had to unfollow him on Twitter due to his penchant for spewing annoying SocJus tweets and bloodied screeds proclaiming that Tom Brady is innocent. I agree with him on the latter point, but instead of putting up a fight, I've decided to stop watching football entirely... which is just like what he's done, but I don't even talk about it anymore. The team can burn for all I care.

[all hail the bread and circuses]

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• Toonami

So I guess for what ever reason @ben0119 didn't want to talk about the newest episode of the podcast here.

Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door

• Toonami Banned

The discussion started in the other thread, so I wasn't sure if I should post it here or there. I could re-post it here, I guess.

• Toonami

That'd be one thing if what you had talked about wasn't the latest episode and just kept on talking about previous stuff. I mean makes sense to talk about the new episode here...

Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door

• Toonami Banned

But the discussion about the podcast started there and that's where he asked me to check out the new episode. He told me let him know what I thought, which made it sound like it should be a reply to that post. Like I said, I could always re-post it here.

• Toonami Banned

You aren't even on this episode, Sketchor.

Why does it say in a disclaimer that the podcast doesn't reflect the views of the website? Isn't the website there for the podcast? Isn't pretty much the same people running both?

"Get yo ass to Mars!" alt text

Paul overthinks something until he kills it. He nitpicked the shit out of that Gundam episode, FFS. It's the first episode! Damn. Also, a lot of the stuff he was asking questions about was explained in the show, if he would've paid attention. I'm pretty sure the mechanic guy clearly said that controlling the Gundam would be more rough on him than controlling one of those tanks. Nobody else tried to correct him, either, so I guess they didn't pay much attention themselves, or couldn't get a word in edgewise. Paul did keep hogging the mic. 1.8 million? See, even Alchemist would think that's ridiculous and pie in the sky.

It sounds like Paul and CJ are kind of like me, "saving" shows to watch them on Toonami, heh.

Kill-yu-ah? Really? Why can people not say character's names right when it is said in the show?

Of course plenty of people are just seeing a Gundam for the first time. The stuff hasn't been on TV in forever, and fell off in popularity a long time ago. You've got lots of new people aging into the fandom and coming into the fandom, too. If they just started watching anime, or Toonami 1-4 years ago, they won't have seen Gundam, most likely. Could be a chance at a resurgence if these new fans take to the franchise.

Gundam X was the show after Gundam Wing? But it was never dubbed and only was released just now?

I'd say the reader comments were fine. The This Week in Toonami segment was fine. But again, the show just doesn't feel right to me without covering every premiere.

The News comes after the block discussion? That's unusual. By the way, I always thought that News intro was a little over-the-top. "POWERED BY TOONAMIFAITHFUL.COM!" Come on, now.

I'm not really sure why we needed to hear a list of every company and the One-Punch Man merch they are making. You don't see that? I'd say you see that with popular properties, which One-Punch Man is. I'm not sure what's so earth-shattering about this or how it increases the chances of One-Punch Man appearing on Toonami. Though I do think the show is pretty much guaranteed to appear. It's a sure bet, given its popularity. The company was adamant about only 12 episodes? That's unfortunate. Did it not do well in Japan? I figured this would be a new ongoing seasonal series. If it is monthly then yeah they would have to wait a while to make a second season, but still. I highly doubt Toonami went over Viz's head to get One-Punch Man. Where does he come up with this shit?

Yes, clearly Crunchyroll and Toonami are working together, Paul. alt text

We need a list of the accurate current purge. That does suck about those shows getting removed. Yeah, it shows we can't over-rely on streaming, and yeah, I've got tons of stuff backlogged myself. Yeah, I can see it encouraging piracy. If people can't get their show legally, they'll go elsewhere. And you know some people don't even bother to check legal options first, unfortunately. I can understand Hulu's thinking as a business, too, though. That said, I can't afford to buy a ton of series right now.

I don't think there's too many international listeners to this podcast. Toonami is strictly an American thing. Toonami Asia exists but the crew doesn't control it and there's really no relation. Apparently Canada doesn't and didn't even have Toonami, which surprised me.

Caboose didn't talk much but from what I heard he has one of the worst nerd voices ever. I appreciate his uploads on Youtube but I don't know if he needs to be on the podcast a ton. But again, I didn't hear him much and maybe he was sick or had bad audio or something.

Overall, show was not bad. Paul is definitely the conspiracy guy that annoys me, and was doing plenty of that and other annoying stuff on the podcast today, but I'll say I can tolerate him a lot more than I can Darrell. I still prefer for ever show to be covered, but what was discussed wasn't bad, I suppose. I'd say the best discussion was about the Hulu purge.

I noticed that it looks like you've done more interviews that I haven't heard. I'll probably have to check those out.

• Toonami Banned

Sketchor said:

It does. alt text But ahh, Paul is the other guy I don't like, not Jim. Not sure why you thought it was Jim.

• Helper

Not sure why I ever considered it was Jim. Paul is the irrational conspiracy guy without a doubt. He pays the hosting fees and controls the website so he's not likely to ever step away from the podcast entirely. He'll try to keep it going forever even if the rest of the crew leave.

Thanks for listening and offering feedback.

The news bump is a bit over the top.

That disclaimer is mostly to cover guests but it doesn't hurt to have it when the conspiracy theories come along or Paul outright says f*** Turner, Warner, etc.

I don't know what compelled them to mention the OPM rights deals but thankfully they did not dwell on it long because the Hulu discussion was much more interesting.

• Toonami Banned

I thought you guys had the Patreon? Plus, I'm not sure why the hosting fees would be so expensive with your level of popularity and traffic. Oh, I can definitely see him as the type of guy to go down with the ship. That said, he's a lot more tolerable than Darrell.

Sure.

Yeah, it's not like you guys are a major news service. alt text

I can see having that to assure that you don't represent the views of Toonami itself or any of the guests, but I don't get the isolation from the website, given they're pretty much one and the same.

Speaking of that, you said earlier that Demarco likes you guys... likes the podcast. Has he ever listened to it? Especially some of the stupid shit Paul says?

Indeed.

• Helper

We do have a Patreon that brings in around 30 a month and that is put toward the soundcloud fee, the website hosting fee and paying off video equipment rentals for Con coverage that Paul put on credit (which was probably a bad idea) Paul supplements the rest on his own income but it should be less now than in prior years. Jose used to pay the podcast hosting fee when we were on Podomatic out of pocket and that was considerably more than Soundcloud.

Well let me put it to you this way, I like the disclaimer because it may cover our butts when Paul says something unsavory about the network and various companies.

Jason might have listened early on but I doubt he makes time for that now. TBH he probably accepted the first interview because of our first host Jose. Any subsequent interviews came out of that rapport and my involvement now doesn't hurt. He appreciates Darrell affinity for booze as well.

• Toonami Banned

Paul is the same guy who says that anime distributors shouldn't give their licenses to on demand services and instead hold them for Toonami.

That notion is to be frank, ridiculous. But it fits in line with DeMarco's stance.

Soldier hold your sword high...
    Swing it like a Samurai...
    Now don't get all out of pride...
    From the Afro Samurai...

• Helper

This one is terribly late. I'm gonna shoot for getting back on track by next week.

Note to @Hollow_Gojira no Darrell in this episode. He wont be in 205 either but he'll be in 206.

http://podcast.toonamifaithful.com/toonami-faithful-podcast-204-wait-wait-let-me-explain-its-not-as-lame-as-it-sounds-explicit/

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Episode 205 is out now:

https://soundcloud.com/toonamifaithfulpodcast/205-kudelia-i-give-you-corn-explicit

They discuss what they thought would be announced at Anime Expo, and they got an amazing amount right, including OPM and Intruder 3...

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• Mobile Suit Gundam

I'm just making a new thread because to edit the one with the podcast link posted in it is such a pain in the ass that it's just not appealing to me.

They also mention Cannon Busters, and say that the pilot will be showing at AX. It seems that probably didn't actually quite happen, but the pilot WAS available on 7/8/16--only to backers. The rest of us just got a trailer for now.

I really hope Toonami airs this at some point, because it only makes sense. I also wonder if this was an alternate plan for the DBZ Kai Power Hour that fell through?

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• Banned

Cannon Busters will end up in the same hole of "never happening" as Urbance after its pilot debuted to mass scorn.

• Helper

The people who saw the pilot seem pretty satisfied.

LeSean told me at AX that he doesn't foresee Toonami going after it until it becomes a series of it ever does.