SAMURAI JACK CONCLUSION TO BE 10 EPISODES/5 HOURS LONG!
3057   44

• Mobile Suit Gundam

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• Toonami

• SwimParagon

MY BODY IS READY

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Toonami

Dude, you were the first reply, why'd you have to quote the whole damn thing?

[just curious]

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

• ShoeHands

Cause Mochi

Also: Cool. Guess I need to go watch all the episodes again. Is it on netflix these days?

• Helper

Jack's lookin grizzled

What the hell is that behind you

• SwimPeanut

That means it's gonna happen soon, right? Soon?

Maybe....MAYBE...after Champloo?! (in small voice) maybe.....

So it's gonna be 10 episodes that make up a 5 hour movie when put together? Well...10 half hours...yeah, that makes sense. So it's gonna be one long episodic story? Cool!!

My opinion....he looked better without the beard.

• SwimPeanut

This post is deleted!

• ShoeHands

This post is deleted!

• Toonami

All that means is they are going to break what would be a "5 hour long movie" into 10 episodes. You know like how what amounted to 6 hours of the Break Blade movies was turned into a 13 episode TV series.

Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door

• SwimPeanut

Yeah, that makes sense.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

And I still haven't seen those Break Blade movies beyond the first--are they Sentai Filmworks??

If I had to guess, "soon" doesn't mean July 9th or July 16th; I think we're actually talking Q4 2016.

I'd say Episodes 1-4 October 1, 8, 15, 22
    Episodes 5-7 November 5, 12, 19
    And finally episodes 8-10 December 3, 10, 17.

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• King Of the Hill Banned

So Jack is now 50 years older, bloody, and shirtless?

You know... I think they're trying a little too hard to appeal to Jman. And regardless of how "adult" the new series is gonna be, I doubt it'll go into TV-MA territory, though that is probably for the better.

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• Toonami

They are Sentai Filmworks.

Just because Genndy said "soon" doesn't mean it will actually be soon or that he actually knows for sure when it will air.

Hold The Door

• SwimSuperFan

that's not a very long series.....i wonder if this means we'll gonna get another champloo like replacement for it

"Here Comes A New Challenger!-D.VA(Hana Song)"

• Toonami

Blatch said:

You know... I think they're trying a little too hard to appeal to Jman. And regardless of how "adult" the new series is gonna be, I doubt it'll go into TV-MA territory, though that is probably for the better.

Yeah that's kind of how I feel. It looks and feels like they might be trying to hard to age up the series

Hold The Door

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Venomlord said:

They are Sentai Filmworks.

Just because Genndy said "soon" doesn't mean it will actually be soon or that he actually knows for sure when it will air.

But we DO know 2016, and I do believe that's the latest it can possibly be.

I also believe it will be an 11 PM expansion show, even if it only means temporary expansion.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Venomlord said:

Blatch said:

Yeah that's kind of how I feel. It looks and feels like they might be trying to hard to age up the series

I don't get why it had to be 50 years later; why not 25? That would make Jack late 60's at the youngest, but more likely early 70's! He'd be gray-haired for sure! Or is Jack some kind of superhuman like Aragorn (in the Lord of the Rings) who lives a ridiculously long time?

• Toonami

To be fair, I don't know if they actually said how long after the original series this is going to take place. He could have gone hermit mode and just didn't shave for what ever reason.

Hold The Door

Samurai Jack... fairly average. It was way overhyped because it came from the creator of Dexter's Lab. Is Jack even a hero you can relate to? Nah... He's boring. Weak series.

• Helper

He doesn't look that old in the art.

A mid-July start isn't outlandish but I still figure it will start in the 4th quarter of the year.

Smart of them to wrap it up rather than bet on another season but I will admit I was hoping Jack would get at least 20 more episodes.

If this is indeed a limited run then special treatment is all the more likely IMO.