New addition to the Sawdy family....
1757   56

• Banned

$100 for the coop and the three chickens!!

They have been doing about 3 or 4 eggs a day.

Also, they have been destroying the insects around the yard when I let them out during the day.

1 cat, 2 squirrels, and 3 chickens.

Next I will get 4 bitches.

The names? Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.

If you gotta go go with a smile

• SwimNinja

Are you going to eat them?

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Banned

Nah.

As long as dem bitches keep dem eggs coming!

honestly..they are beautiful. and..they are already laying eggs. nicely done my man.

BUT if you take one out..for..ya know...lunch..the other 2 will hate you...

for a week or so..and no eggs...so...ya know. you can let a few eggs hatch...

for breakfast..lunch..and dinner...they won't be the wiser.

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Banned

I am not eating them, bought them already producing. The family down the road was moving and it was on the FB virtual yardsale thing for $100, couldn't pass it up!

Never had chickens before and its funny how stupid they are..... they just eat, lay eggs, and eat bugs.

• IB

I miss having chickens :(

Built our own coop, enough for 8 chickens. Got about a dozen eggs a day or so.
    Used to have like 8 dogs, 5 cats, 2 horses, 2 goats, and a racc**n.
    Also used to catch and keep snakes. had 3 rattlesnakes, 4 sidewinders, 2 king snakes, 1 ball python.
    And some fish if you want to include them.

I miss living in the country.....

• Banned

Blink89 said:

Also used to catch and keep snakes. had 3 rattlesnakes, 4 sidewinders, 2 king snakes, 1 ball python.

Well, I can't have all that... lol, Rac**n is censored.

And I definitely don't live in the country. Its funny the sound they make when they are pooping the eggs out.

• Banned

When I put them back in the coop I feel like Link from Zelda chasing chickens around... or the dude from Fable, chicken chaser.

Frankly, I was not expecting chickens in this thread.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• ShoeHands

Having chickens is great. The amount of eggs you get is just insane, and they taste so much better than anything you can get in the store.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Banned

That was part of the allure.

• Banned

Master-Debater131 said:

Having chickens is great. The amount of eggs you get is just insane, and they taste so much better than anything you can get in the store.

Absolutely! I have been cooking like a fiend!

The stirfry I whipped up for lunch with their unborn children was delicious!

• IB

Sawdamizer said:

Blink89 said:

Well, I can't have all that... lol, Rac**n is censored.

And I definitely don't live in the country. Its funny the sound they make when they are pooping the eggs out.

Hahaha just noticed that
    Neither can I :(. Went from open country to renting a room in the city. I can't even have a cat. I have a pet mantis shrimp though...so there's that...

lol indeed, hell most things chickens do make me giggle

you should really consider letting them hatch a few...for meat purposes.

unless you..can't handle the hatchet?

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Banned

discolemonade said:

you should really consider letting them hatch a few...for meat purposes.

unless you..can't handle the hatchet?

No effin way.

I will bring you up for that deed...... and uhh.... ahem

• ShoeHands

Youll find that it gets tough to eat store eggs after a while.

Do you feed them anything or just let them roam? They sell some good feed that you can just throw in the yard to add vitamins and nutrients to their eggs. The Omega-3 blend is really good.
    Do you get different colors or are they all the same? Blue eggs are my favorite.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Banned

Master-Debater131 said:

Do you feed them anything or just let them roam? They sell some good feed that you can just throw in the yard to add vitamins and nutrients to their eggs. The Omega-3 blend is really good.
    Do you get different colors or are they all the same? Blue eggs are my favorite.

Yeah, I picked up a 50lb bag of the good stuff for like $20. Fresh water and feed daily and they take care of the ticks and bugs.

• Banned

Oh, umm... I didn't realize this was chocobo breeding.... I only get the brownish pink ones :(

• ShoeHands

Sawdamizer said:

Master-Debater131 said:

Yeah, I picked up a 50lb bag of the good stuff for like $20. Fresh water and feed daily and they take care of the ticks and bugs.

Thats really all you need to do. Just some feed mixed in with a natural diet and you get some really great tasting eggs.

chocobo breeding lol. Chickens produce different colored eggs. White and Brown are some of the most common, and what you usually see in stores, but some produce blue eggs as well. Its just something about their genetics and diet that make them lay different colored eggs.

You son of a bitch.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• SwimLegend

Ooooo chickens for bawkawking

Which one wears a disguise to look like human guys?

Oh bother...