You ever go back and beat a game that you couldn't beat for the longest time?
912   39

And then after beating it say to yourself, "Wow... What the heck was I doing before?"

• SwimLegend

nah...I go back to games after a while and say, "Oh fuck, I forgot how to play gotta start over"
    and then I put it down in the same place as before.....I still haven't finished Alan Wake, you think I remember
    how to play that shit? Hell no I don't

Oh bother...

• Banned

Yeah do you remember Sonic The Hedgehog for Sega Genesis? 1, and 2 were especially hard at certain points.
    Even years later it was hard....

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• Assy McGee Banned

Labyrinth, Oil Ocean, and Sky Chase zone can all eat balls.

• Banned

Cosmic_Charlie said:

Labyrinth, Oil Ocean, and Sky Chase zone can all eat balls.

Labyrinth su cked a big fat black chaos emerald. oil ocean wasn't terrible. Do you remember the last level in 2? I think that was Sky Chase... 2 was the hardest sonic. 3 and S&K were easy.

Also I've heard people have beaten the game with you cheats or pauses and gotten all the emeralds.
    Now that takes heart.

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• Assy McGee Banned

I usuallu had all the emeralds as soon as you could get them. Outside of Death Egg I think the last level in 2 was Sky Fortress Zone? The last time I played I actually managed to get trapped in an inescapable box via a launcher and being Super Sonic in Sky Fortress Zone, and because I didn't wanna start over I learned it takes 30 minutes before the level decides you die. It could be 10, 15, or 20 though. I just remember it taking too long.

Super Sonic is almost a handicap at the end game.

• Banned

I've tried playing FF13 three times. I don't think the fourth time will be the charm.

[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]

Phillies29 said:

Yeah do you remember Sonic The Hedgehog for Sega Genesis? 1, and 2 were especially hard at certain points.

Haha that's so funny that you mention it. In my early childhood I could never beat Sonic, but then one night during my freshman year of HS, I dusted off my Genesis and sat there for a few hours and beat it with a steely determination! Then I tried to do the same with Sonic 2 and I was like, "Oh sh**... I still can't beat it."

• Swimuminati

I haven't played a lot of games, but I've finished every game i've ever started....I can't not...

Super Mario (I can't remember which one)
    GTA III
    GTA Vice City
    Splinter Cell
    Halo (1 and 2)
    C.O.D. Modern warfare
    C.O.D. Black Ops 2
    Borderlands 2
    Red Dead Redemption
    God of war (1, 2, and 3)
    Far Cry 3

I think that's about it....I should probably pick up a game system...I miss going mad with obsession

• Banned

bro i dunno how you got all the emeralds.
    congrats. I think I may have used the Old Game Genie or Game Shark to cheat.

You guys remember that thing??

• Banned

Zenigundam said:

Phillies29 said:

Haha that's so funny that you mention it. In my early childhood I could never beat Sonic, but then one night during my freshman year of HS, I dusted off my Genesis and sat there for a few hours and beat it with a steely determination! Then I tried to do the same with Sonic 2 and I was like, "Oh sh**... I still can't beat it."

yeah I was in 5th grade when I did that.

• Assy McGee Banned

Turn off tails. He is worthless in the special stages and can throw you off.

Cosmic_Charlie said:

Turn off tails. He is worthless in the special stages and can throw you off.

Haha Tails was a real POS in those special stages. No wonder why I never got Super Sonic. Tryna skillfully grab all the rings and instead of following as Sonic does, Tails is running into the obstacles and tripping us up lol.

• SwimComrad

Well, I would say that about Dead Space 3 but I don't know how I didn't bother to change my suit until the middle of the game. Once I did that, the rest of the game was a breeze.

The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.

• Helper

Tails is cool if you have a friend who's good at the game playing with you. He can attack bosses without risk while you protect yourself. But yeah otherwise in Special Stages you gotta worry about his delayed movement. Though then again if I remember right I think his ring count is separate, so as long as you're not relying on him for rings he may not have all that much of an impact.

What the hell is that behind you

• SwimComrad

Yeah that was my big hangup with Sonic. I could only beat the game without getting all the emeralds. My brother could get them all pretty easily. Blasted moving mazes.

The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.

• Assy McGee Banned

I think when Sonic gets hit Tails goes out in front... there's something that can get him out in front. That can f**k the whole stage in to a wasted attempt.

• SwimSuperHero

I'm not good enough to finish almost all of my games.
    That's why I like Animal Crossing New Leaf and Mario Kart so much. It doesn't require much skill.

Although I guess in a way, I never finished Mario Kart. There was one character
    I wasn't able to unlock. Same for Super Smash Bros. Although for Smash, I don't remember
    if was a location or a character. Maybe both.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

• Banned

Hardest game I have never beat is Final Fantasy 8. The characters are so boring, one dimensional, predictable, and annoying and the story line laughable that I cannot will myself to beat it.

Whoever made this game really knew how to make it challenging to beat. 11/10 difficulty.

• Banned

The orphanage scene is the best plot twist of any game ever, pleb.

[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]

• Toonami

Never. It's rare for me to start a game and not finish it. On the very few occasions I've stopped part of the way through, it's been because I just thought the games flat-out sucked and I had no interest in bothering with them any longer.

As far as the past decade or so is concerned, the only games that fit that criteria are Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Alice: Madness Returns, and Aliens vs Predator.