The AKB48 45th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo picks were announced this morning
1722   11

• Banned

Buuuuuuuut you guys don't really give a shit about that. 😝

Well f**k you, i'm gonna post it anyway.

So the announcements started on the facebook page with a rather hysterical typo for the category "Up C*****g" girls. I lol'd.

And my current icon girl Yagura "Ice Cream" Fuuko is in the running for the top spot in the Next Girl category. Yay fufu aisu! Another of my NMB girls Shibuya Nagisa is in the Future girl run off.

They also announced under girl and Minegashi Minami of shaved head fame is in that but they still have to announce top girl. It's certain Watanabe Mayu is in but not so clear if Sashihara Rino will be in it this year. So probably no bitch stares this time. Also unclear if Kashiwagi Yuki will be in this year, what with her scandal and all. And probably won't see Yamamoto Sayaka for the same reason. 😢

If you bothered to read this far, i applaud you. 😅

• AdultSwim.Com

kill-joy70 said:

Buuuuuuuut you guys don't really give a shit about that. 😝

Well f**k you, i'm gonna post it anyway.

So the announcements started on the facebook page with a rather hysterical typo for the category "Up C*****g" girls. I lol'd.

And my current icon girl Yagura "Ice Cream" Fuuko is in the running for the top spot in the Next Girl category. Yay fufu aisu! Another of my NMB girls Shibuya Nagisa is in the Future girl run off.

They also announced under girl and Minegashi Minami of shaved head fame is in that but they still have to announce top girl. It's certain Watanabe Mayu is in but not so clear if Sashihara Rino will be in it this year. So probably no bitch stares this time. Also unclear if Kashiwagi Yuki will be in this year, what with her scandal and all. And probably won't see Yamamoto Sayaka for the same reason. 😢

If you bothered to read this far, i applaud you. 😅

thats the most american post i have ever seen. are you wearing star spangled undies?.... lolz j/k, homeslice

:robotfrustrated:Necrotic techno-magic bullshit.:robotfrustrated:COWBOY_STILGAR sed so

• Banned

• Banned

It was during the reading of this thread that Buddy realized that as gay as it is.....He just may very well have a waifu.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mugen/images/8/8b/Taokaka-taunts.gif/revision/latest?cb=20141130160051

• Other Anime

Some of those names are familiar because of a school project I did on AKB48 and the fan subculture, but because most of these groups are massive and constantly shift out old members for new ones, I could barely keep up with them aside from the leaders and Minami. I think I came out of it liking Mayu Watanabe the most cause she was funny in the variety shows I studied.

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• SwimParagon

...soooooo is that Japanese beauty pageant or something?

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Banned

You did a school project on them?

And i though i was bad. 😝

Anyway, Mayuyu is defininitely in and so is Yukirin and Sayanee, and no defending #1 Sashihara Rino to contend with so there's a good possibility Watanabe Mayu gets the #1 spot again. Or I'd like to see an upset and have her best friend and possible lesbian lover Kashiwagi Yuki take the #1 crown. And have Sayaka make #2.

• Banned

PerfectFlowingHair said:

...soooooo is that Japanese beauty pageant or something?

More like a popularity contest.

Of the worst kind.

Tears will flow.

• Banned

Oh my god, i was wrong! Sashihara Rino WAS in......and she took the #1 again! That f**king bitch!

So the top 5 rundown was

1 Sashihara Rino
    2 Watanabe Mayu
    3 Matsui Jurina
    4 Yamamoto Sayaka
    5 Kashiwagi Yuki

And so concludes the 45th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo, i think the look on Sayaka's face summed up this evening's event.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1205548056123988&id=240603399285130&substory_index=0

• Other Anime

It was a women studies class with a a professor obsessed with "fan cultures" and everyone else was doing vampire shows and Scandal so I wanted something that would stand out. I was always curious about AKB48 and it was topical since I did it right around when Minami shaved her head. Looked up some of the scandals and incidents within the group and fan base, but I was mostly looking into a demographics search of what fans enjoyed the most about them and how they contributed to the group's success or outrage. The prof wanted me to try and decipher it in a Western context but I wasn't interested in that because idol culture is too specific to a Japanese context and too complex to be painted with a thick brush by trying to compare it with pop idol culture in the States or acting like the idol subculture are a fundamentally flawed subspecies compared to Western girl groups. The plus side was that I got to play Sugar Rush and Heavy Rotation in class .

The next class I had with her I had the same idea in mind, except I did my project on Me! Me! Me!, half out of curiosity for studying the video as a text and half as a dare my gf brought up as I cycled through more boring ideas. I was upset that she gave me a grade that, if given one more 0.01 bump, could've been rounded to an A. Still, another perk was that I got to show parts of the censored music video in class

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• Banned

Minegashi Minami finished at a personal best 17th so she bounced back pretty well from her scandal. Yukirin got f**ked though, she was second in last years election but had been mired in a scandal for the last couple of months. She finished 5th. Sayaka was dealing with a sort of scandal too but played it off well, she went up from 6th to 4th.