Yo we gotta be careful what we wish for (Toonami related)
11856   177

See those of us who were old school CN viewers wanted Toonami back, but the thing is we thought if Toonami came back that it would be adult-oriented. No that's not what we got though. Adult Swim Action was more hardcore than the AS Toonami in every way, even in the bad points of its history when it played junk like Reign, WHR, and Code Geass.

We were thinking this would be an AS version of Toonami, but it's really just what Toonami would be if it were to be shown on weekdays today, save for a very small handful of series. It's not hardcore, but very soft. For the kids...

Yeah I dig Hunter x Hunter, but let's be real it's for kids.

• Toonami

I'm guessing you're judging the entire series based on the very small handful of episodes Toonami has aired so far.

Watch ahead to the Chimera Ant arc and you'll see that the series can be pretty f**king brutal. As far as overall brutality is concerned, it puts a good portion of what's on Toonami (future arcs of these shows included) to shame.

In terms of quality adult anime- Black Lagoon, Attack on Titan, Hellsing Ultimate, and Parasyte. That's really it. And even some of those have elements of shonen at times.

• Toonami

I can't speak for everyone else, but I think the complaints that occasionally pop up about shonen shows are kind of silly. A lot of shonen shows may technically be aimed at teens, but they offer enough adult-oriented content for any argument along the lines of "this isn't for adults" to be little more than something I'd call nitpicking.

In the case of the series you singled out in particular, I'll go into spoiler territory (heavy spoilers, so whether or not you click is up to you):

We're talking about loads of people (including children) being eaten alive by giant bugs, an important character basically getting dismembered, Gon literally beating a character into a bloody gooey mess, etc. I'd say that's pretty f**king adult-oriented.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Toonami

TGIASMBAREFATTIES said:

AntiLawnElement said:

I can't speak for everyone else, but I think the complaints that occasionally pop up about shonen shows are kind of silly. A lot of shonen shows may technically be aimed at teens, but they offer enough adult-oriented content for any argument along the lines of "this isn't for adults" to be little more than something I'd call nitpicking.

In the case of the series you singled out in particular, I'll go into spoiler territory (heavy spoilers, so whether or not you click is up to you):

We're talking about loads of people (including children) being eaten alive by giant bugs, an important character basically getting dismembered, Gon literally beating a character into a bloody gooey mess, etc. I'd say that's pretty f**king adult-oriented.

It's a kids show.

But we all know Zeni's a shitbag that just wants to start fights because he has no friends in real life.

I'm only leaving this last response so I can be clear about this:
    If you, Zeni, or anyone else wants to call it a kids show, then you go right ahead.

Anyone that's actually seen and/or read farther than where Toonami is currently at is well aware of the fact that it gets a lot darker later on. Some of you not acknowledging it on here won't change that.

• Toonami

Hunter x Hunter has a TV-14V blanket rating.

That shit ain't for kids, even if the first episode was technically TV-PG straight.

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

Poke_Nirvash said:

Hunter x Hunter has a TV-14V blanket rating.

That shit ain't for kids, even if the first episode was technically TV-PG straight.

rolls eyes

Looking like a TV-G series to me!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

Why so mean?

I thought we could just have a civil discussion here without all the flaming and name-calling!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

There's a misconception going on in this thread that I'm just a troll who hates the anime played by Toonami, but I don't hate any of them. I like a lot of them, I'm just calling it like it is- Most of them are for seven year olds and, for the better part of ten years, before AS Toonami, the time slots that Toonami now occupies played adult anime that couldn't be shown uncut during the day on CN (E.g. Not Hunter x Hunter for example).

• Manowarrior

I don't think the general Toonamites wanted an adult Toonami, there were too many of them clamoring for Pokemon and Sailor Moon to be shown on AS Toonami a few or so years ago.

As for how some of us are tired of shonen, my problem isn't necessarily that it's not for adults, my main problem with it is it's all (or what I've seen on Toonami, anyway) too samey.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

Agreed, pretty much everything but Champloo and the later seasons of Hunter x Hunter would work no problem on CN. No denying it's a little kiddie but I think that's just cause we're getting a lot more shows, so some lighter ones are gonna get shown

Why the f**k is everyone so butthurt about this...? He makes a valid point...

Toonami weeaboos

• Banned

This post is deleted!

I am so happy toonamites is sticking.

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it!

• Banned

This post is deleted!