Star Wars Ep. 8 Rumors (potential major spoilers)
225   8

• SwimSuperFan

Came across an article that talked about SW8 and it had things I really wanted to discuss.

(possibly major spoilers)
    http://www.idigitaltimes.com/star-wars-episode-8-plot-leak-reveals-game-changing-sequence-between-luke-skywalker-541147

One reason why I think this will more than likely be the case is I remember an article going around several months ago, giving a run down about all that will happen and it pretty much said the exact same thing (although this article focuses on Rey and the one from long ago talked about the entire movie). Apparently it's going to be some Avatar the last airbender kind of shit going on. In the article I read long ago Rey questions Luke, thinking he's her father but he replies "No Rey, you are my father" (doing a play on the Vader line) and they explain that "the spirit of the chosen one reincarnates whenever the galaxy is in danger" or some shit like that.

This article pretty much talking about the same thing. I'm someone that didn't like The Force Awakens at all, and honestly these rumors make me dread the next episode a lot (not to mention according to the past article I read the next episode will be structured the exact same way as The Empire Strikes Back, Finn and Poe and others off doing things, on the run from the first order while Rey trains with Luke (and according to this new article Yoda as a force ghost returns).

Pretty much Disney rehashing the next original movie, except throwing in Avatar shit. And while we're at it I have very low expectations for the Rogue One movie. Apparently it was going to be a legit, war movie. But Disney didn't like it and thought it was too dark and not enough humor, there supposedly being a scene that's like a slasher movie where Vader's picking them off one by one. Around 40-50% of the movie is being reshot to have more humor and a lighter tone to it, so they're pretty much pussifying the movie to where it will be like SW7 which can't go 5 minutes without witty one liners or other stupid jokes.

I wish Disney never bought Star Wars......

Bush did 9/11

• Banned

Spoiler: It's going to stink.

• SwimSuperFan

More than likely that's going to be the case

Bush did 9/11

• Banned

hold on...

is George Lucas still writing/directing these?

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• SwimSuperFan

Nope.

Some might consider that a good thing, but I'd rather have Lucas. Lucas made the movies he wanted to make, while Disney focusing everything on catering to the fans and taking no risks at all and not being innovative at all.

The actor performance may have been better than the prequels (AotC is still shit tier) but I'll always find the prequels better, them adding a lot of new things to the Star Wars lore, each of them adding more and more to the galaxy. So far these sequels show the galaxy in the exact same predicament than before but with little variations.

Bush did 9/11

• Banned

I kind of liked the prequels.

The solution to all this is simple I just realized. Nothing wrong with making new Star Wars movies, there is no point in calling them 7,8,9 if they don't continue the original spirit of the franchise. Allow the drama to take place in a different part of the Star Wars universe.

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• SwimSuperFan

Lucas talked about the possibility of sequels long ago, saying they'd take place 30-40 years later, and talked a bit about what they'd be like.

He also commented saying he always say R2 as the true main character of the series. Talking about something he always visualized, a hundred years after everything's done, R2 sharing the story of all that happened with others, which is why R2's memory wasn't erased between the prequels and originals.

Bush did 9/11

• SwimComrad

Redeeming factors of the prequels aside, such as leading to games like Star Wars Bounty Hunter and some really cool lore, none of the locales struck me with the same awe that Bespin did upon first seeing it.

The prequel side stories and stuff gave us Asajj Ventress though, and she's probably one of the best characters in Star Wars so there's that

alt text