I'm going back to school (again) for a bachelor's in creative fiction writing
4987   88

• Banned

I start in August

• Beast Master

Indifferent face...

Aye swimae.

• Banned

Why would you spend money on the degree? Why wouldn't you just write creative fiction and put it out there?

• Banned

Don't waste what little money you have fuggs.

Hail to the king.

• SwimNinja

That sounds like a useless degree. I mean I don't think many big time authors have a degree in that.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Banned

brian_boru said:

I'm poor and black. I don't have to pay for shit. Then I probably will get a refund.

• Banned

Fuggereiia said:

brian_boru said:

I'm poor and black. I don't have to pay for shit. Then I probably will get a refund.

I want you to know that statements like this will make Trump our next President. I hope you realize what you're doing.

• Banned

DAYME said:

Fuggereiia said:

brian_boru said:

I want you to know that statements like this will make Trump our next President. I hope you realize what you're doing.

My last semester in college I got $1200 back.

• SwimPeanut

Can you actually get a degree in that? It sounds more like one of those casual courses you can take over the summer, like ballroom dancing or pottery.

Why not just get a degree in English?

The weed of crime bears bitter fruit, Margo.

• Banned

Depends on why you're getting it.

I've been working on a degree in a similar area. It's pretty much useless if you're wanting to use it for a job.

I've mostly gone to school to learn stuff, seeing as very few of my interests are practical for landing a career.

Thing is, I doubt fuggs will use school for more than the degree to show possible employers. In that regard, completely worthless.

• Banned

Don't waste other people's time.

Hail to the king.

• Banned

That's sort of my assessment. I think she believes it's her ticket to something like a staff job as a romantic novel author somewhere. That's not the way that industry works. She's better off saving her money for more computer paper to mail her samples to...whichever publishing house puts out that kind of dreck.

• SwimPeanut

brian_boru said:

Don't waste other people's time.

or money.

The weed of crime bears bitter fruit, Margo.

• Banned

Right. There are applications to having a degree of the sort, but predominately in regards to personal knowledge.

Being a pursuit fuggs is reluctant to engage.

• Banned

Fuggereiia said:

brian_boru said:

Welp, now I'm Republican.

• Banned

LOL
    thanks
    I really needed that laugh

> Posts: 166,425 Registered: ‎6-03-2007

• SwimComrad

There are plenty of resources online for that sort of thing. That's how I'm learning foreign languages. It's not hard to find youtube channels and stuff run by native speakers of w/e language. Plus, books written by credible people.

There's that sort of thing for just about every subject as well.
    If you really like writing then you should definitely write, but don't jump in to spending a lot of money if you don't have to.

alt text

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

You should just write fanfictions instead.

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

• Banned

PsychoticCyberBully said:

Fuggereiia said:

brian_boru said:

Welp, now I'm Republican.

This made me laugh very hard.

Fuggereiia said:

brian_boru said:

• SwimLegend

Uh...

You know DeVry doesn't offer degrees in CreatWrit, right?

09/13/03