What was that thing called before VCRs?
786   33

The thing to record sh**. I'm sure Tsar or some velociraptor on here knows.

• SwimLegend

I dunno. There was the Betamax that actually was better quality but for some reason the VHS crushed it

Oh bother...

Before that though. Something old and ridiculous.

• SwimPunk Banned

Besides Betamax?

• SwimLegend

I dunno there were these huge ass laser discs but I dunno if they recorded shit but for the record I don't remember it. Before my time

Oh bother...

• SwimNinja

I don't think there was anything before VCRs besides Betamax. I mean unless you are talking professional stuff, I think betamax/vcr was the first in home shit.

And yeah betamax had better quality but was more expensive.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Thunder Goddess

I think that what we had before VCR's & betamax was re-runs.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

• Swimuminati

RCA CED Discs?

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

• IB Banned

^

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:
    > IB's last thread was by Viperslayer

• SwimLegend

mthor said:

I think that what we had before VCR's & betamax was re-runs.

I remember those days.
    Good times.

Oh bother...

• IB

film?

This sig is an awesome sig. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: - InsaneFox
    some of us are good at suck - discolemonade

• Swimuminati

Viperslayer said:

^

@1pooh4u was also right with laserdiscs
    they came out about the same time but were different

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?

• Toonami

Zenigundam said:

The thing to record sh**. I'm sure Tsar or some velociraptor on here knows.

8mm film

• IB

cave paintings? rocks and chisels? Microsoft Excel? GIVE US A BIGGER HINT

This sig is an awesome sig. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: - InsaneFox

• Swimuminati

oh wait, i think i read this thread wrong

i wasn't exactly thinking about recording and i don't remember whether or not you could record on either laserdisc or the rca ced disc players....

• SwimNinja

I mean specify more about "record shit" like I'm taking that to mean record things from the TV.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• IB

• Manowarrior

Firefly24 said:

RCA CED Discs?

Holy shit. My parents had these weird video things when I was very little that I don't remember that well, the way I remember them was sort as giant video playing 3.25" floppy disk. I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called, and my parents couldn't remember what it was called either. What you posted just may be it. I remember we had a Charlie Brown one and a 49ers one.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• Swimuminati

Doom_Metal_Alchemist said:

Firefly24 said:

RCA CED Discs?

Holy shit. My parents had these weird video things when I was very little that I don't remember that well, the way I remember them was sort as giant video playing 3.25" floppy disk. I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called, and my parents couldn't remember what it was called either. What you posted just may be it. I remember we had a Charlie Brown one and a 49ers one.

probably

http://www.yameenmusic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ced-player.jpg

• IB

Firefly24 said:

RCA CED Discs?

how old are you exactly?

• Manowarrior

Naraku4656 said:

Firefly24 said:

RCA CED Discs?

how old are you exactly?

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...