I'm getting things back together!
762   38

Can't wait to take the GRE and send out my applications! Yeah I think there'll be holes in my apps and getting letters of recommendation might be a struggle b/c none of my profs will remember me, but I'm feeling all right.

Time to get off the couch and acclimate myself with society once again!

Attaboy zeni.
    The GRE isnt that bad.
    I took it when I was considering grad school before med school.
    All you have to do is get up and so something.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

I feel pretty awesome about it. My overall application sort of worries me b/c, while I had solid grades in college, I haven't been doing much over the past three years (my law school failure notwithstanding). I just don't know what's gonna happen. Probably only gonna apply to NYU, Fordham, and Seton Hall.

Like apply to all of those, but have a couple fallbacks too.
    I know no one wants to think of that, hoping to get their first choice...
    But better to run on the safe side rather than have to wait an entire year before application time.
    Plus, in grad school you still CAN most often transfer programs.
    What kinda grad school are you going for?
    Education?

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

English. Seton Hall's my fallback. 86% acceptance rate and only a twenty minute drive from my house, but I think NYU would be ideal since it offers a scholarship to cover half of the cost of tuition for all MAs. I'm gonna try to get my statement of purpose and GRE score to be really strong, but I won't be upset if I don't get in. I'm so confident I can make it happen anywhere!

Better than Creative Writing... >_>
    What do you plan on doing with your English MA?
    Teach or something?
    I coulda swore you said something about wanting to teach somewhere.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

Yep. Definitely teach. I think it's probably a good calling for me. I worked for an SAT prep company, helping HS students improve their verbal section scores, for ten months a year and a half ago and I never felt overwhelmed. Boy what I'd do to do the past three years of my life over again though...

• AdultSwim.Com

Zenigundam said:

I feel pretty awesome about it. My overall application sort of worries me b/c, while I had solid grades in college, I haven't been doing much over the past three years (my law school failure notwithstanding). I just don't know what's gonna happen. Probably only gonna apply to NYU, Fordham, and Seton Hall.

three years is nothing. nothing.

i started college when i was 26 after dropping out in 11th grade in 1999. Then in 2009, nearly ten years later,

started community college with a GED i managed to pull off. now i'm a bachelors degree holding working man.

:robotfrustrated:Necrotic techno-magic bullshit.:robotfrustrated:COWBOY_STILGAR sed so

Ah that's pretty uplifting.

Good on ya boyo.
    I think you would be a cool teacher too.
    Youre silly and fun, just so as long as you know your stuff... People will love that.
    Do you have any inching towards any specific age you want to teach?
    HS again or lower?

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

HS would be good for a start, but I think I'd want to move on up to community college as soon as I could. The elementary school kids are too perceptive and would pick up on the booze I think.

• Manowarrior

Zenigundam said:

The elementary school kids are too perceptive and would pick up on the booze I think.

Unless their parents are hard core alcoholics, the elementary school students would probably just think you're funny/cool.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

I think you would be a good HS teacher.
    The kinda cool teacher that kids would want to hang out with during lunch or nutrition time.
    Be aware that being a creepy hitting on HS girls Zeni would be a no-no there!
    But I think youre mostly just messing around.
    This seems like a legit desire and passion for you.
    If something is really your passion, you will pursue it.
    I want to believe in you Zeni.
    Prove all the Naysayers wrong bruv!

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

Where did you go for undergrad anyway? Did you really go to an Ivy League school?

[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]

I wonder actually.
    I actually wouldnt put it past him.
    He seems like the type whos actually pretty smart, but puts on that bro-stupid mask.
    I mean a lot of what he said before seems to check out logically.
    Like actually getting into Law School with a scholarship, and then deciding to quit when said scholarship dries up.
    Thats actually something people do.
    They get in, find out its not for them, but dont feel too bad about it cuz it was at least backed by others for the most part.
    Its really better he realized he hated it than force himself through it, to do a job he hates to do every day.
    Dunno if he really went to Ivy League, but he at least isnt stupid and can do work if hes not such a lazy piece of shit.
    Which is why I like the fella.
    Reminds me of myself in some ways.
    Not stupid, but that laziness f**ks us over.
    His drug of choice is alcohol, while mine are and friends.
    I want to believe in real Zeni.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

I was awfully depressed as a HS sophomore and lost all motivation in my classes and it killed my chances of getting into a top end school, so I ended up going to a private liberal arts college, withdrawing after footing half of the cost through loans (it was just too damn expensive), then I spent a few years at my local community college working hard, and I transferred to UVA, where I graduated from.

On a side note Zeni.
    Make sure you know dates for EVERYTHING!
    I got f**kd over once cuz I missed a deadline for something, and had to wait a whole year before I could do it again.
    I spent that year being a Hikki-NEET shutin, and I dont think you have it in you to try again if you get screwed over by something lame like that.
    You need to get this done.
    You need to finish all the exams you need, get your paperwork together and rush it out as soon as you can.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

The aggressive trolling that got me banned frequently back in 2005-2006 was almost definitely because of that depressive phase I was going through. I overcame it on my own, but it would have been easier to have gotten help back then.

• SwimLegend

NYU the school I never finished. Go there it's great

Oh bother...

Isnt that always the case?
    I know youre just messing around more often than not.
    Which is why I never DV you or really mean any of the insults or mean things I tell you.
    Thats how guys are ya know.
    Like so:
    http://i.imgur.com/0Mlbb5o.jpg

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

Hope so, Pooh! I would love to go there and learn from some of the venerable, erudite minds of the literary world. I think education's what you make of it though. While it's helpful to study in a high-end program like that one, if you're a hard worker you can learn just as much at other places too.