In exchange for no increase in gun control
872   32

• Special Snowflake

• SwimLegend

Oh bother...

Well...
    That was prolly gonna happen regardless.
    its just a lot easier now.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Swimuminati

i already just assume that i'm basically just being monitored every minute of every day anyways.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

I hope the NSA likes my dick pics.
    Hey NSA, Does this look like a Q?

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

Maybe we'll eventually get a crime coefficient.

[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]

• Special Snowflake

Thanks Obama.....haters.

Is this Obama, or Obama haters or both?

• ShoeHands

So the Senate failed to pass this bill, which is good.

The stupid thing is there actually was a pretty good Gun bill that got brought up the other day. if you try to buy a gun and you are on a watch list it is delayed 72 hours, that delay can be made permanent if it can be shown to a judge that there is probable cause to prevent you from owning a firearm, the same low bar needed for a warrant.

It failed because Democrats voted against it. It had near universal GOP support and really is the only chance at getting any sort of bill passed.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

Everyone is pretty awful.
    The greatest trick American Politics ever pulled, was convincing us there are actually 2 different sides.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Swimuminati

right!
    but if they're out there somewhere wanking it to my noodie pics and naughty vids, i demand some compensation.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

The only compensation I need is a job well done.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Special Snowflake

Master-Debater131 said:

The stupid thing is there actually was a pretty good Gun bill that got brought up the other day. if you try to buy a gun and you are on a watch list it is delayed 72 hours, that delay can be made permanent if it can be shown to a judge that there is probable cause to prevent you from owning a firearm, the same low bar needed for a warrant.

It failed because Democrats voted against it. It had near universal GOP support and really is the only chance at getting any sort of bill passed.

http://time.com/4378376/gun-control-house-sit-in-congress-orlando-shooting/

• ShoeHands

greedy_respawned said:

Master-Debater131 said:

I have to ask them why they dont get angry at their Senate counterparts who voted down some common sense bills the other day.

Actually, I really dont. They arent doing this because they want to actually pass something. They want to fund raise off of this and screech about how the GOP are ebil to try to increase turnout in November.

Its all politics right now. No one wants to really do anything other than try to increase turnout and make money off of political stunts.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Banned

Master-Debater131 said:

I'd be okay with that. Never been for "take da gunz away". Just making the process less open to abuse.

• ShoeHands

naraku361 said:

Master-Debater131 said:

I'd be okay with that. Never been for "take da gunz away". Just making the process less open to abuse.

Well its a problem where the bills offered by Democrats would simply strip the rights of Millions of Americans with no due Process involved. Your on a list, your screwed. it was that simple. The No-Fly, No-Buy thing was a misnomer. It involved all sorts of lists, and making new lists, that involved no due process at all.

Thats why I thought this bill was a good compromise. If your on the list then when you go buy a gun you have a 72 hour hold put on. And in those 72 hours whoever is investigating you would have the chance to go to a Judge and say "Here is why it should be extended". If there is evidence to justify it then great, that person cant buy a gun unless they challenge it in court. However if there is no evidence other than "WELL HE SCARYYY!!!" then that person can buy a gun.

Out of all the gun bills that have been proposed in recent years that really seems to be the best one.

Firefly24 said:

right!
    but if they're out there somewhere wanking it to my noodie pics and naughty vids, i demand some compensation.

....YES THIS!

i wonder if there can be a suit brought against the NSA for accessing our original content without approval...piracy and whatnot. oh man, that would be highlarious.

• Special Snowflake

Master-Debater131 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Master-Debater131 said:

I have to ask them why they dont get angry at their Senate counterparts who voted down some common sense bills the other day.

Actually, I really dont. They arent doing this because they want to actually pass something. They want to fund raise off of this and screech about how the GOP are ebil to try to increase turnout in November.

Its all politics right now. No one wants to really do anything other than try to increase turnout and make money off of political stunts.

Yeah, look, I'm not exactly glued to political news,

But Republicans shot one of those down too. So climb down off that high horse.

• IB

The NSA was going to do it regardless....

This is why i look up the strangest shit on the internet. Weird them out so much they don't want to monitor me

• ShoeHands

greedy_respawned said:

Master-Debater131 said:

greedy_respawned said:

Master-Debater131 said:

Yeah, look, I'm not exactly glued to political news,

But Republicans shot one of those down too. So climb down off that high horse.

There were 4 bills that were up for vote. Right off the bat 3 were going to lose. 2 from the Democrats that stripped Due Process from Millions of Americans and 1 from the GOP that did nothing at all.

It was the 4th bill that had the potential and was a clear middle ground. It had GOP support and even the freaking NRA said that this bill would be good, and they never give their approval for gun control bills. Rather than stripping millions of people of their right to own a gun it would put a 72 hour hold on them and then require a judge to approve a longer hold. That relied on the foundation of our system, due process, and also included an automatic waiting period that Democrats claimed they were all for.

At the same time the Democrats are now openly fund raising off of these stunts. They arent even pretending that the primary reason to do this is to increase turnout this November and to make cash.

Its not a high horse, its observation.

• Helper

I've been on watch lists since 2010....

On a side note, all the sponsors of the gun control bills have said that their gun control bills would have done absolutely nothing to stop the Orlando asshat from committing an Islamic terrorist attack.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• IB