If drug control didn't work, why will gun control?
2000   52

I do support gun control in spirit but I just don't understand how we can see the war on drugs for the complete and total failure it is and yet somehow a war on guns will work?

The mafia and criminal gangs got fantastically wealthy off the idiocy of criminalizing narcotics so how will criminalizing guns do anything besides making smugglers and the mob that much richer?

• SwimNinja

Because science!

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Babbling

Because Left wing ipse dixit!

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• SwimNinja

Not going to lie, had to look up ipse dixit.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• SwimHero

ugh politics!

Janeway Rules!

• SwimIcon

i don't think anyone's really talking about criminalizing guns in general.

'cause, you know, the second amendment and stuff.

• Banned

oh none of it is going to work. thats for sure. this country is gonna be as strung out mess a few years from now... and strung out people with guns can't be too good a combination.

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• Banned

awesomepark said:

I do support gun control in spirit but I just don't understand how we can see the war on drugs for the complete and total failure it is and yet somehow a war on guns will work?

The mafia and criminal gangs got fantastically wealthy off the idiocy of criminalizing narcotics so how will criminalizing guns do anything besides making smugglers and the mob that much richer?

It worked in Australia. Google it.

• Babbling

Every American has a right to have a nuclear bomb for home protection.

• SwimPunk Banned

I unno mayb mayb not i unno

• Banned

Fuggereiia said:

awesomepark said:

So move to Australia.

• SwimNinja

Fuggereiia said:

awesomepark said:

Which is weird because if anyone needs guns it's Australians. Everything there evolved to kill them.

• Banned

PrincessUnikitty said:

Not going to lie, had to look up ipse dixit.

You would have to be too old to be relevant first.

• SwimPunk Banned

I unno mayb mayb not i unno

• SwimComrad

Legalise drugs and you won't have a gun trade tied to it come at me westpark and then we can be Straya M8

and yes, I'm the poster who was asking about getting a semi-auto "AK47" and I'm saying this
    PEWPEWPEW

alt text

• Banned

If an Aussie style assault weapons ban isn't on the table then end the war on drugs. These are the options to reducing gun violence in a meaningful way. Everything else the Dems are currently doing is self-righteous transparently ineffective political gamesmanship authoritarian police state bullshit, and I include Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and Hillary Clinton in that assessment

• Banned

Take the Hill.

• AdultSwim.Com

awesomepark said:

to me carrying a gun just means you are afraid to die....

:robotfrustrated:Necrotic techno-magic bullshit.:robotfrustrated:COWBOY_STILGAR sed so

tsar4 said:

Because Left wing ipse dixit!

In all seriousness some gun control can work, like background checks and the like.

I justdon't like hokey grandstanding when I see it.

But the paranoia over mass shootings ignores the fact crime is down literally in half or to be specific 49 percent since 93 per FBI stats.

There are reasonable thing we can do without all the pointless theatrics.

I'm far more afraid of the police state of over paid cops targeting me and minorities than I am of street muggers or ra@nd on psychos.

distorted_reasoning said:

ugh politics!

Hey a lot of us babblers don't like the merger with ib either.

Fuggereiia said:

awesomepark said:

Australia has no porous land borders, no stupid gun culture that would feed demand and they dont have the levels of smuggling or gangs that we do either.