DBZ Kai Encores Are Over
718   16

• SwimPeanut

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/schedule/ Finally off the roster. I'd be extra concerned about this loss of anime if Toonami hadn't moved up to 11:30, but even then with last week ratings.. Boy, I'm not sure however Toonami usually does pretty well mid-summer so we'll see.. I'm surprised the Kai encores went on as long as they did, they weren't exactly sweeping the ratings nation. They canned One Piece way way sooner though.

• Toonami

Now to wait and see how long before [as] puts the encores back once they realize nothing else was up to the same snuff.

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

I hope they finally add Fighting Foodons on the schedule.

• Banned

We need ninja nonsense on toonami

We think we can make honey without sharing in the fate of bees, but we are in truth nothing but poor bees, destined to accomplish our task and then die.

• Helper

Well, that reduces my AS viewing down to half a hour a week.

• Helper

It might be back but they've yet to find a successful pair for DBZ Kai in that hour. Samurai Jack would fit that bill for encores of the new season but that's probably not starting until Fall.

It really saddens me that Kai has struggled in that slot. 8PM on Saturday used to be a Toonami's premiere slot on Cartoon Network where shows could rank in big ratings but now even DBZ Kai reruns can't hold a number there.

• SwimPeanut

I'm not so sure that's Kai fault though. We've had DBZ on CN, then Kai on two previous channels, Toonami and now a rerun. I'm sure the masses mainly only tune into Kai on Toonami now because of the novelty. Now if you put Kai Buu Saga reruns on at 8pm, or even better, DBSuper reruns then I think we'd be seeing some numbers.

• Helper

Hell if the 8pm airings were not just the episode that aired on Toonami the week before then they might do a lot better but DBZ reruns have done well for multiple networks. The particularly disappointing thing is kids don't seem to care. It's possible they don't know it is there but it's only 8pm on a Saturday so even though it's not advertised it's easy enough to stumble upon but those ratings aren't were not getting better in time.

Brand new episodes of Buu Kai or Super would do respectable numbers but probably would still do better at 11:30 or midnight now. That just seems to be where people expect to watch DBZ.

• King Of the Hill Banned

Eh... its ratings were in the hole for a while, so I can see why they pulled it. I'm a little sad that The Cleveland Show is still on all 7 days of the damn schedule, though. He has become almost as unkillable as Rasputin, or that masked dude from V for Vendetta.

I think the far more interesting effect of this is that DVR Theater now airs on Saturdays, too. I've wanted something along those lines to happen for a long time.

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• SwimComrad

Game over man game over.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

It actually seems to have done better in 2016 than 2015 with 18-49, averaging 0.24 this year so far and 0.23 last year.

But of course with total viewers, it lost almost 100K from 2015 to 2016. However, it had pulled a solid 0.20 even in June and ranked in the Top 100 in primetime programs across all cable, so why IT got thrown under a bus instead of Rick & Morty (which also airs on Sundays) is beyond me.

Or better yet, throw Cleveland completely under the bus, as gains have been less than adequate from Rick & Morty. It just doesn't seem to belong as part of Saturday nights anymore since Black Dynamite and Boondocks are gone.

I wish they would have gone with this:
    8 PM DBZ Kai Encore
    8:30 KOTH x2
    9:30 Rick & Morty
    10 PM American Dad
    10:30 PM Family Guy x2

...but it is what it is. Why Cleveland show just HAS to be in the mix at all is beyond me.

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimComrad

• Toonami

And we know the Programming department has been pro-Comedy in terms of trying to get ratings to help the Fox Network.

• Toonami Banned

You forgot to post in the Toonami folder.

@SwimMod_Luuv Please move this.

• IB

they've done that before (removed DBZ intro slot during an off week). It may well just be because - basically that intro spot repeats the previous week's episode. And when they skip the new one due to an event like this week, it throws the rhythm off and/or forces them to repeat the same episode three weeks in a row rather than just premiere w/encore.

I noticed they did it not long ago under similar circumstances. And it was back the next week.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

This time I think it's gone semi-permanently, but you may be right.

WHY OH WHY could it not be the Cleveland show!?

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!