Headed to Barnes and Noble today!!
703   22

Gotta pick up another prep book, this time for the GRE literature subject test. Let's get it!! Let's get it!! Gotta do some damage! Taking the GRE and the subject test in September!!

• Banned

Nah, time to refresh your knowledge differential equations and integrals.

[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]

No...

• SwimSuperHero

That's cool. I love Barnes and Noble.
    I'm going there later today.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

Haha that's crazy. Maybe we'll run into each other on the escalator

• SwimSuperHero

Zenigundam said:

Haha that's crazy. Maybe we'll run into each other on the escalator

Yeah if we lived in the same state and were going at the same time.
    Although we might be in two different Barnes and Nobles locations going up
    or down the escalator at the same time.

I'm not going there until 6:30 PM tonight. When are you going?

Shows up at a random Barnes and Noble in WI at 6:30

"Hey, BlueRaven! What a coincidence! I know it's a little strange that I ended up over here from over there, but I just happened to be in the neighborhood on this fine Friday evening!"

Haha probably as soon as it opens. Then again, I'm a little tired so I might pass out and head there around noon. We'll see...

• SwimSuperHero

Zenigundam said:

Shows up at a random Barnes and Noble in WI at 6:30

"Hey, BlueRaven! What a coincidence! I know it's a little strange that I ended up over here from over there, but I just happened to be in the neighborhood on this fine Friday evening!"

Haha probably as soon as it opens. Then again, I'm a little tired so I might pass out and head there around noon. We'll see...

That's cool. Do you ever look at the anime figurines or action figures there?
    I like looking at them every now and then. I've never bought any but I've been tempted.
    If they had a Usopp figure, I'd buy it in a second.

Oh no. I didn't even know they carried them to be honest. I'll have to take a look around today. Got all the free time in the world to peruse the store.

• SwimSuperHero

Zenigundam said:

Oh no. I didn't even know they carried them to be honest. I'll have to take a look around today. Got all the free time in the world to peruse the store.

Cool. Have fun. Last time I was there, they had DragonBall Z figurines there.
    If they had one of Krillin, I might have bought one. I think they had some Deadpool action figures.
    I'm still tempted to buy one of those.

They also had figurines from one of the anime Idol shows and a few others.
    Think they had a few Naruto and One Piece figurines. They had several Marvel and DC action figures.

• SwimSage Banned

My Barnes and Noble doesn't have an escalator.

ric_man said:

My Barnes and Noble doesn't have an escalator.

My barnes and noble doesnt have an existence.
    There hasnt been a Book Store in Socal in some time.
    Not to mention I dont even live there anymore.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• SwimSage Banned

I don't know why people buy books there. Amazon is a lot cheaper.

Wow , there's still a Barnes And Noble by you?

Monsters come in many shapes and sizes . I'm all of them

ric_man said:

Not by much

Monsters come in many shapes and sizes . I'm all of them

• SwimSage Banned

zombified35 said:

ric_man said:

Not by much

Everything at mine is full msrp unless you buy their membership to get 10% and Amazon is regularly 20 to 40% off msrp.
    They do have B&N exclusive stuff at good prices though.

I think you need to spend $50 at Amazon now to get free shipping if you don't have Prime though, so that kills a lot of the difference.

• IB Banned

Dont you mean GED?

All greatness comes from loss
    Swimeival
    06-10-2004
    boards.adultswim.com/users

• Nyaa or Nothing

I won't buy manga from amazon unless i have to for obscured and older stocks. Barnes and Noble is a lot cheaper online with huge discounts and add that in with your membership and any coupons you might have from them, you can save up to 40%.

• Helper

Heh, I went to B&N yesterday on my way home. I was hoping they'd have a couple of the titles I'm collecting but sadly nope. I did leave with fancy coffees, a cookie, and a couple of Sailor Moon dangle figures that I was looking for.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Nyaa or Nothing

just went to the nearest one today after work, hoping that this one carried the latest volume of hayate the combat butler and yamada and the seven witches that i saw the other day at the MOA. turns out they don't have it at all, but i did walked out with the latest volume of a certain scientific railgun but the sad part is the spine has some sort of sticky residue and covered with some fluff material. gonna have to carefully wash the damn book spine just to get rid of it.

• Helper

conanwong said:

just went to the nearest one today after work, hoping that this one carried the latest volume of hayate the combat butler and yamada and the seven witches that i saw the other day at the MOA. turns out they don't have it at all, but i did walked out with the latest volume of a certain scientific railgun but the sad part is the spine has some sort of sticky residue and covered with some fluff material. gonna have to carefully wash the damn book spine just to get rid of it.

Wet wipe in the same outward direction so that it doesn't soak into the paper pulp at the book end. It's probably either caramel or smore fluff since those are the two flavors hitting the pimp zone hard this year. It's one of the reasons I try to get there while they hopefully have more than one copy on the shelves just in case some creature decided to treat the place like a library rather than a store. I'm pretty sure I've ruined someone's weekend because I bought the only copy of the 'Another' omnibus and it's obvious that someone was slowly reading through it. Mine now, beyotch.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]