It kinda looks like CN is ready to show Pokemon the door
1820   26

• Helper

This year Cartoon Network has cut down Pokemon airings to a single airing at 7AM on Saturday mornings. That's where the new episodes of Pokemon air. Not surprisingly, the ratings in that slot are quite low.

Meanwhile Boomerang is about to cut it's 3PM hour and 9PM hour of Pokemon (4 airings a day) down to one hour at 10PM on weeknights and nothing on weekends.

Things could feasibly bounce back but it wouldn't surprise me at this point if CN finally showed Pokemon the door. They've phased out every other action/adventure acquisition already.

Meanwhile DXD is going to start airing a new season of Yokai Watch soon but it'll be at 12:30pm and that's not a good sign either. Chances are like Doraemon and Shippuden before it, Yokai watch wont get a third season on DXD.

Digimon is dead to Nicktoons and Yu-Gi-Oh and LBX are just about there as well.

There is seemingly little hope for even the toyetic anime to stay on US television.

Good thing we have Toonami to air the TV-PG/TV-14 shounen anime those networks don't want anything to do with.

Pokemon did air on Toonami both in the US and internationally so this isn't really off topic.

• Banned

But Toonami is ending soon.

Though I do see your point, maybe it will pick up Pokemon and something else like Totally Spies and go out in a blaze of Miguzi?

Pokémon is awful! So is Digimon!

• Helper

I wish a kids network would play Gundam Build Fighters. It's like the spiritual successor to G Gundam.

• Banned

Shoo, troll. Pokemon is classick

I'd like to see Toonami add Pokemon to the lineup along with some other old school shows that never got their due, maybe Zatch Bell and Xiaolin Showdown or something like that.

• Helper

BanRaniel said:

Shoo, troll. Pokemon is classick

I'd like to see Toonami add Pokemon to the lineup along with some other old school shows that never got their due, maybe Zatch Bell and Xiaolin Showdown or something like that.

Too far in the other direction, you're like the anti-Zeni

Toonami has limited space. Pokemon and an incomplete /censored dub of Gash Bell isn't worth their time. Now re-airing the dub of Bo-Bobo I would get behind. That'd be fun for the last slot anyway.

• Toonami

It wouldn't surprise me if it was CN wanting to get rid of action. If it does go I won't be too bent up about it. I stopped watching Pokemon after Johto so it's not like I'll be upset. Though I don't know what it will say for the future of action on Cartoon Network if they do get rid of it.

My Hummingbird: https://hummingbird.me/users/CaptainStarwind

Fucking WHAT?

• SwimVIP

Shows like Pokémon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh! had far more relevance in the late 90s/early 00s when mon shows were in.

With those days long gone, that might explain why they're losing ratings.

Of course, this doesn't change Pokémon's status as an anime classic. It's just not pulling it's weight in the ratings anymore, that's all.

• Banned

That's all gonna change once the new legendary Pokemon Volcanion makes its anime debut. It's not even available in the games yet so the appetite among the fanbase has been thoroughly whetted, ratings and dollars are inevitable by this point.

CN would be foolish to cancel the series before such a high profile addition to the cache of almost indistinguishable animonsters and assorted bugrats

OH MY GOD, WHO THE HELL CARES?

It's great when you enjoy things.

• Banned

I forgot that pokemon was even a thing......I don't think a lot of people even care at this point other than the fact it's dual type promises to be the shit.

Then again, lightning will probably tear it's ass up.

• SwimStar

i still play the games but haven't watched the show since battle dimension.

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Toonami Banned

All anime will be purged from television.

Except for the ones airing for manchildren. Because we're the only ones that care for some reason.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

BanRaniel said:

Though I do see your point, maybe it will pick up Pokemon and something else like Totally Spies and go out in a blaze of Miguzi?

Toonami is NOT ending anytime soon! The year that Toonami ends will probably have at least two 2's in it; maybe 3.

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• Helper

We are indeed the ones who will cry bloody murder if they took our animoo away.

• Banned

ALchemist81 said:

BanRaniel said:

Toonami is NOT ending anytime soon! The year that Toonami ends will probably have at least two 2's in it; maybe 3.

2020 or 2022 seems pretty optimistic in my opinion.

Why do you people delude yourselves? The writing's on the wall. They've been reducing the block hour by hour for the past several months now.

Face it, you're going to have to get your dubbed shonen anime from a different source, and it's going to be sooner rather than later. AS doesn't make money off the tiny number of people tuning in each week to watch the same old reruns with a couple new turds sprinkled in.

It's great when you enjoy things.

• Helper

I'd be kinda shocked if CN dumped Pokemon.. but then again with the way things are now if they could air a Teen Titans Go! (or the upcoming Justice League Action) version of Pokemon I suppose they totally would.

What the hell is that behind you

• King Of the Hill Banned

ALchemist81 said:

BanRaniel said:

The year Toonami ends will have a 2, a 0, a 1, and a 7 in it.

[coincidentally, so will the rest of society]

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Blatch said:

ALchemist81 said:

BanRaniel said:

The year Toonami ends will have a 2, a 0, a 1, and a 7 in it.

[coincidentally, so will the rest of society]

Nah, we'll make it past that.

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• Banned

The only shows on Adult Swim that draw are from Seth.

Just remember that.