I hate FB Messenger on principle alone.
270   9

Its a fine app.
    It does what it was intended to do just fine.
    But they could have put it all in the FB app.
    I just had to DL it again on my tablet so i could look at a bunch of paperwork that my friend sent me on it via pics.
    Left a one star review and scathing remarks!
    That'll teach em!

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

I hate it too. I don't even use the Facebook app, just my phone's browser. As of this month I can no longer view messages without using the app. So I downloaded it and I've been using it but honestly it makes me feel like deleting my Facebook altogether due to the inconvenience.

I've deleted and re-downloaded it like five or six times in the past two weeks to reply to specific messages. Gotta make a final decision soon

• Swimuminati

the messenger app is the only reason i even still have a FB, so certain people can still contact me

otherwise FB everything is just garbage

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

Like, I would have my FB deactivated again if I didnt need it for work.
    It makes me sad how ingrained FB has become in society, that not having one makes you the odd man out.
    But literally every day I have to use it for class/work stuff and its terrible.
    half the time its just minor inconveniences.
    I made my alert tone the Kefka Laugh from FF just cuz I associate FB now as a evil trolling clown who exists just to f**k with me.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

I use it as an address book/inbox so I don't want to deactivate it and miss out on any relevant messages but I also don't want an entire app to do what I always have done on a mobile browser.

At the same time leaving it active without the app lends itself to getting irrelevant messages all the time which forces me to constantly re download the app to confirm their irrelevance.

It isn't like there's good exclusive content on fb that I would miss or anything so idk maybe it's just time I get a twooter or something instead but yeah I really wish there was some alt platform that was widely used to serve as a backup to my phone contacts, to safeguard against people changing or losing numbers.

• SwimSage Banned

UncivillyPandaKa said:

Left a one star review and scathing remarks!
    That'll teach em!

I read that part in Zeni's voice. Seems like something he would say.

I cant imagine Zeni using the word "Scathing" though...

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• SwimSage Banned

UncivillyPandaKa said:

I cant imagine Zeni using the word "Scathing" though...

He did! I think this is why I thought of Zeni when I saw this thread.

http://boards.adultswim.com/topic/17711/remember-that-job-i-interviewed-for-a-month-ago

now imagine if you admin a couple business pages. every time someone sends you a message via one of those pages, you can't just open the messenger app and get to it. you have to use a third facebook app called facebook pages. in that app, the messenger is baked in, so you don't have to switch apps. but now every time you have a notification from one of your pages, you get a notification from the pages app as well as the facebook app. confusing and annoying as shit, lemme tell ya.