from the sound of it((Zelda breath of the wild spoiler))
692   24

• Toonami

the plot of the game is that Link is the last surviving Hylian and the plot of the game is him on a quest to find out what killed all the other Hylians, and there are no towns or non enemy NPC's
    also Hearts are replaced by food....apperently Link now has to eat regularly to survive, so it's basically an open world survival horror game

supposedly that's all that's ever given to the player about the plot and otherwise it's up for the player to decide what the game's plot and storyline are

and if the player chooses link can run around in his underwear burning everything

• Mobile Suit Gundam

I really hope that's not right, because that would kinda SUUUUUUUUCK for the premise even if the game is awesome!

The truth is, the game is so far away we're not really sure what the hell it's gonna be like!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• Assy McGee Banned

A lot of that sounds bad. Looking at it I was expecting A modern Zelda 1.

• Toonami

ALchemist81 said:

I really hope that's not right, because that would kinda SUUUUUUUUCK for the premise even if the game is awesome!

The truth is, the game is so far away we're not really sure what the hell it's gonna be like!

also apperently the green tunic is only a thing if you manage to find it, the games gimmick is that link had to hunt and gather for food, clothing and shelter so he'll only gain his iconic green tunic is you manage to find it on your playthrough

• Toonami

Cosmic_Charlie said:

A lot of that sounds bad. Looking at it I was expecting A modern Zelda 1.

same.....knowing all this my opinion of it is polarizing....I mean I thought it looked like they were ripping off shadow of the colossus but I didn't know they were ripping it off that much

• Assy McGee Banned

Are they just rumors? Cause I remember when I kept up with gaming the rumor mill was ridiculous. I can't really see Miyamoto doing something like that to the franchise, but in one sense I can due to the types of games people play these days.

• Toonami

Cosmic_Charlie said:

Are they just rumors? Cause I remember when I kept up with gaming the rumor mill was ridiculous. I can't really see Miyamoto doing something like that to the franchise, but in one sense I can due to the types of games people play these days.

I don't know 100%

but nintendo did say they were planning to "do something new" with the Zelda franchise when the announced the game, so anything is possible
    also they say they're reinventing Mario next

• Assy McGee Banned

They reinvent Mario with most new consoles though. Mario is the pinnacle of platform games for that reason. Straying too far from the Zelda formula is dangerous though. Introducing the need to eat to the game is enough to make me wary. Zelda fans do not want realism. But maybe the fanbase has grown too small, although the sale prices for their used games wouldn't show that.

• Banned

Honestly, I just hope it isn't as linear and stupid as all the other 3D Zeldas. Breath of the wild looks awesome though. I'm totally gonna buy an NX/Wii U just to play it.

tha pirate king

Total Kudos Received: 74

• Toonami

no4 said:

Honestly, I just hope it isn't as linear and stupid as all the other 3D Zeldas. Breath of the wild looks awesome though. I'm totally gonna buy an NX/Wii U just to play it.

occording to Nintendo it's completely non-linear....all of Hyrule is open world in breath of the wild and aside from the story detail that Link is the last surviving Hylian there is no plot whatsover and the player gets to decide what the storyline is

• Assy McGee Banned

That's what I'm hoping, it's like an early Zelda game but 3d this time.

• Banned

Yea it kinda looks like a 3D Zelda 1.

tha pirate king

• Banned

Before i read anything other than the OP, can you source any of this.

Also, screw you @Sorce because for some reason I have screwed up spelling "Source" several times since meeting you.

• SwimPunk Banned

Link without his green hoody and tights

• Toonami

p00fy said:

to be fair he hasn't worn tights since oot,

starting in Twilight Princess he started wearing baggy Genie pants and Chainmail

• Banned

mochi said:

p00fy said:

starting in Twilight Princess he started wearing baggy Genie pants and Chainmail

Wut?

• Banned

Well it looks like there's going to be way more sets of armor so you could probably look like regular link if you wanted to.

tha pirate king

• Toonami

PsychoticCyberBully said:

mochi said:

p00fy said:

Wut?

if you look closely at his model in TP there are seams running down the sides of his legs, implying that he isn't wearing tights but Pants

in Skyward sword his pants are straight up MC-Hammer genie Pants

• SwimHero

either way by the way the game looks im hyped.
    but who knows? they have gone down the apocalyptic route a few times before.

Janeway Rules!

• Banned

I didn't bother with Skyward after my disappoint in TP, so I'll take your word for it........Still, I'm pretty sure the Smash Bros Link is still wearing his old gear, but as long as this game doesn't come with the lame suits like Triforce Heroes, I won't care.

If I ever have to wear Lucky long underwear again, I'll be pissed.

• Toonami

PsychoticCyberBully said:

I didn't bother with Skyward after my disappoint in TP, so I'll take your word for it........Still, I'm pretty sure the Smash Bros Link is still wearing his old gear, but as long as this game doesn't come with the lame suits like Triforce Heroes, I won't care.

If I ever have to wear Lucky long underwear again, I'll be pissed.

I just think Skyward Sword link is super ugly

he has a big round nose and enourmous orange liver-lips