Odd Tale of Mercy
263   7

• Swimuminati

A cockroach...in my kitchen. The surprise was two fold because, one, I normally have a bug free home, and two, this cockroach was somehow still in one piece despite being mere feet away from my cat Nala who has a severe allergy to all living things not including me and his brother. (Yes, "his," my sister named him '-_-)

Nala and I exchanged glances and I broke the silence with "well, pest control is usually the house cat's job. You're paid well in food and medical care. Get to work." My speech roused him....to get up and leave the kitchen at an unconcerned pace.

Throughout this exchange the cockroach's legs never stopped furiously kicking. Ahh, I forgot to mention, he was on his back. Now I wasn't one of those kids who grew up killing bugs and that trend has continued into my adult life. I usually just transport them outside, even with bare hands if I have to 'cause i'm not skittish. This bug though, seemed off. I noticed one of it's hind legs was missing, but even as I flipped him right side up he staggered and moved in drunken circles. It occurred to me that maybe the cat was uninterested because he already had his fun at the bug's expense. It's pathetic floundering dredged up a familiar sadness. I saw myself and many others i've known in the feeble struggles of this cockroach. I thought, albeit unoriginally, that this must be god's perspective. The whole scene left a bad taste in my mouth and I worked quickly to put it behind me, placing the cockroach and a piece of chocolate outside, muttering, "everybody gets one...maybe."

• SwimNinja

That cockroach is going to show up with it's family and f**k your world up. You dun goofed.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Banned

Roaches and Spiders get no quarter. While your mercy is admirable, I fear it may also be foolhardy.

• Assy McGee Banned

Your cat was trained improperly.

All cats should be murderers.

• SwimPunk Banned

Gregarious cockroaches display collective decision-making when choosing food sources. When a sufficient number of individuals (a "quorum") exploits a food source, this signals to newcomer cockroaches that they should stay there longer rather than leave for elsewhere.

• Babbling

Tldr. I would've smashed that f**ker flat.

• Swimuminati

huh...probably