Undertale help.
485   17

• Banned

I'll start with the TL;DR: How many endings are there, and do I get the best ending by not killing anything?

So I bit the bullet and decided to play this hyped up potato of an RPG and it's ok, but I don't want to waste much more time than necessary on it, and I don't really want to seek internet help because i want to avoid spoilers.

So I have a couple rather specific questions for my next play through.

Ok, I just beat it for the first time......I know I was told not to fight monsters, but my knowledge of RPGs made me think "hmm, I get no xp if I don't kill and playing through this at level 1 might not be a good idea for a first timer, so after accidentally killing Toriel, I just said f**k it and offed a few more monsters.

I didn't kill any more bosses because of little things I have heard about the game here and there....LSS, I'm assuming this wasn't the best ending. So is the best ending achieved by simply mercying all creatures, or is there some hidden shit (don't be specific where though, I'll look around) I need to do to get it.

Might do a third playthough and kill everyone too, but I really just want the best ending right now.

• SwimHero

i still havent played the game.
    i supposed i should since everybody is talking about it.

Janeway Rules!

• Banned

It's pretty short, and not too frustrating....It was fun, and creative......I mean I never would have played it if it wasn't for the constant mentions it got here and the fact that my kids are in love with Sans and Papyrus videos.

I beat it my first time in 345 minutes (like a little under 6 hours) so I figure now without back tracking and knowing what I'm getting into with each fight I can probably cut that in half.

The only thing that kinda got to me is I expected the "puzzles" to get harder, but they were all pretty much 3rd grade level bullshit. Unless the fights are considered "puzzles" too, but even those aren't too tough to figure out.

• Banned

There's like 3 main endings, and about 6 variations on the neutral ending.

Pacifist, don't kill anyone. Best ending.
    Neutral ending, depends on who you kill. If you kill the main characters it's pretty dark.

Genocide, kill every monster everywhere. Even the randoms. The worst obviously.

Dont kill anyone.
    Get neutral ending.
    Then continue again, youll be allowed to get where you left off before last boss.
    Finish extra struff without killing anyone.
    Best ending.

Kill EVRYONE, worst ending game forever stained.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

Ok, but I already killed Toriel my first time, so If I start a new game, I can't get the best ending?

Yeah.
    And Flowey is gonna make fun of you for it.
    My first playthough I wanted not to kill anyone... But I killed Goatmom.
    I found out you shouldnt, and then I started a new game.
    Only one kill.
    But Flowey knew.
    That asshole knew.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

Yeah, Flowey seems to be a dick.....Kept crashing the game when I thought I had beat it, and f**ked up my save files.

So what.....Do I need to uninstall the game to get the good ending.....?

nah thats just part of it
    its breaking the 4th wall and all...
    But if you want good ending you have to read what flowey says after you beat him.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

I don't remember that shit. Stop being cryptic....If I start a new game now, can I get the good ending.

Regardless of the ending, you should be able to defeat Flowey.
    It just changes the direct ending.
    If you got the neutral ending then Sans will call you and say shit.
    Then Followed by Flowey appearing saying something like "Try again but this time dont kill anyone"
    Then you start a new game and then dont kill anyone.
    You killed Goatmom right?
    So youre currently NOT pacifist right?

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

Yeah, killed her and a few normies.....But she's the only boss I killed. I assume the story changes if i don't kill her because of Sans' story about telling knock knock jokes at that door, and the voice saying to protect me.

That conversation is kinda why I want to kill his brother because my daughter said to fight Sans I have to kill Pappy......And when the f**ker said I'd be dead where I stood, I wanted to kick his ass.

In pacifist mode you can kill NO ONE.
    That means not even the regular enemies.
    Just beat the game and then kill no one.
    It will be best end.
    To fight Sans though... you need to kill EVERYONE.
    Like EVERYONE.
    You have to even look for certain enemies because they will start to hide from you.
    Youre going around hunting and killing everyone, and it gets gruesome.
    Like its harder to get that ending than the pacifist one.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

That what I wanted to know.

Enjoy.
    Its a fun game.
    Just dont let the absolutely cancerous fandom get you down.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

The fandom is what kept me from playing it for so long.......In fact the nail in the coffin was when you posted the Spider Dance thread on the old boards.....I was like "OK, f**k this game"

But then after listening to that damned Papyrus song so many times from my kids watching the videos, I decided "Eh, let's go for it"

• Banned

You have to get a neutral ending before you can get the pacifist (aka best) ending. For the pacifist ending, you also have to do the friendship sidequests that lead you to the secret lab. For the genocide ending, you have to keep fighting monsters in an area until the message "But nobody came" shows up. Then, you just beat the bosses.

[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]