Mentioning ASMB in job interviews
519   16

Haha just imagine. That'd be cool to bring it up in a job interview for a job I don't care about when the employer asks me to talk about a relevant experience when I was faced adversity. I'd record it and put it on YouTube.

• Banned

Put Lazzo on your resume as a reference.

Humbug too.

If you gotta go go with a smile

SwimModLuuv
    SwimOdin

"Who are these people?"

• Helper

I don't know about the success rate of mentioning the [asmb] in a job interview but I can say this. Answering the question "What do you do in your spare time?" with "I watch cartoons on [adult swim] " will NOT get you released from jury duty on a federal case.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• SwimNinja

The one time I had jury duty it was a mistrial because the defense attorney asked the jury if the defendant not being able to speak English would affect their opinions on the case and it cause a uproar.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Helper

katt_goddess said:

I don't know about the success rate of mentioning the [asmb] in a job interview but I can say this. Answering the question "What do you do in your spare time?" with "I watch cartoons on [adult swim] " will NOT get you released from jury duty on a federal case.

What if you rant about how Mister Pickles is running a Satanic dungeon under his dog house.

What the hell is that behind you

• SwimComrad

Answering "Masturbate compulsively and set things on fire" DOES, however.

anime is teh suck

• Helper

PrincessUnikitty said:

The one time I had jury duty it was a mistrial because the defense attorney asked the jury if the defendant not being able to speak English would affect their opinions on the case and it cause a uproar.

Meh, considering how poorly most American-Americans speak English I fail to see a problem. Just make sure there's someone there who speaks whatever [and make sure that the person who 'can't speak English' actually can't speak English - seen one too many fakers who don't understand until you say 'police' then they are Harvard English grads :D ] .

Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Helper

viperxmns said:

katt_goddess said:

What if you rant about how Mister Pickles is running a Satanic dungeon under his dog house.

I live in a basement and have a pet human skull. That isn't going to fly.

• Rants

katt_goddess said:

viperxmns said:

katt_goddess said:

Then write a rant in support of Mr. Pickles' worship of Satan. It could be a good read.

ASMB Member since March 23, 2004.
    If brevity is the soul of wit, then abbreviation is the death of the soul.

• SwimSuperFan

In an interview I had a few weeks ago, the interviewer was some chick around my age, and during the interview she randomly asked me if I watched game of thrones or the walking dead, and I said neither, she then asked if I watched anime, to which I said of course, to which we talked about anime for a minute.

Still waiting on a call back

Bush did 9/11

• Babbling

That's a personality thing. "Is this person a good fit for the team?". I usually ask something like, "If you could have dinner with any 3 people in history, who would they be and why?" It isn't the sort of question you expect in an interview.

I've heard some interesting answers, and some that seem pretty standard (Lincoln, Edison, MLK). It isn't so much about the answer as how the person thinks through the question and the develops their answer.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• SwimSuperFan

tsar4 said:

That's a personality thing. "Is this person a good fit for the team?". I usually ask something like, "If you could have dinner with any 3 people in history, who would they be and why?" It isn't the sort of question you expect in an interview.

I've heard some interesting answers, and some that seem pretty standard (Lincoln, Edison, MLK). It isn't so much about the answer as how the person thinks through the question and the develops their answer.

Hitler, Stalin, Winston Churchill.

Would you hire me?

Bush did 9/11

• Babbling

Not on that question alone, and you didn't state why those 3.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• Helper

Arrem_Lowlander said:

katt_goddess said:

viperxmns said:

katt_goddess said:

Then write a rant in support of Mr. Pickles' worship of Satan. It could be a good read.

I'd be included on every jury selection in the state for the rest of my life on the grounds of instant jury diversity.

• SwimSuperFan

tsar4 said:

Not on that question alone, and you didn't state why those 3.

Hitler did nothing wrong.
    Stalin is a comrade.
    Churchill cause why not.

Bush did 9/11