Wait, isn't AB owned by some French company now?
292   7

• Banned

What's with all this America crap on my Budweiser products?

Is it some cynical marketing scheme?

Does France have a giant boner for America?

What are those frogs up to...

• Manowarrior

According to wikipedia, it's still based out of St. Louis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• Banned

Where did you hear that?......I have heard nothing of the sort.

Also I don't think AB makes 211 or 4loko

• Banned

• Banned

I only skimmed that but I'll read more later....As it looks they don't make Budweiser and shit.....All of that is still domestic.....But I could be wrong.

anheuser-busch was acquired by belgian beerco inbev (think beck's, stella, hoegaarden) in 2008. inbev is actually a merger of belgian company interbrew and brazilian beerco ambev, which happened in '04. a-b still headquarters in stl, but is technically part of the international corp that has something like 25% of the global beer market. america, f**k yeah.

then there's this ongoing thing where ab-inbev is working to acquire sabmiller, which is the 2nd largest beer conglomerate in the world next to ab-inbev. if that happens (which it probably will later this year), the new company is expected to hold 30% of global market share. combine that with the exclusionary practices being conducted by a-b in their attempt to drive out market competition in any form, and you can actually feel the chokehold tightening around the micro / craft beer markets. "america"? f**k you.

• Banned

You're a well informed bartender huh.