ONE REASON WEED SHOULDN'T BE LEGALIZED.
889   34

• Banned

It's gonna get taxed and it's gonna be esspensive.

tha pirate king

Total Kudos Received: 74

• Banned

home grow

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• Check It Out!

Phillies29 said:

home grow

It helps people with Depression, Bi-Polar disease, and cancer patients.

• Banned

I make my own shit.

• Banned

ELDEMONIO said:

it does not help bipolar. god i hate when people say stupid shit like that.

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

Fine. It helps with stupidity. happy?

• Banned

no. but ok.

• IB

Its already taxed and expensive
    But it all depend son what you buy and where you buy.
    BOGO deals are awesome

Also Home Grow is the shit

• Toonami

Phillies29 said:

ELDEMONIO said:

it does not help bipolar. god i hate when people say stupid shit like that.

Ditto. Some of the biggest problems that a lot of people with mental illness have are self-medicating, refusing to take the medication that they're prescribed, and other stuff like that. This is coming from someone who IS bipolar and has been stable for years due to PROPER treatment.

I don't smoke pot myself, but I have no problem with its legalization. I do, however, have a problem with people using lies and misinformation as a way to try to support their cause. Self-medicating with bipolar disorder in particular is especially dangerous as it's a nice way to trigger a manic episode (something that could lead to the harm of both the person who's bipolar and others around them).

I try to play nice here most of the time, but in this one case I'll be blunt: Eldemonio needs to keep dangerous bullshit like this to himself. Same goes for anyone else that thinks they know more than a damn psychiatrist and has the nerve to agree with what he said.

• SwimPunk Banned

because you're bipolar you can speak for every other bipolar person?

• Toonami

p00fy said:

because you're bipolar you can speak for every other bipolar person?

I'd say that personal experience and common sense give me more ground to stand on than a claim about pot helping bipolar disorder, if that's what you're getting at.

Self-medicating rarely (if ever) works out well for someone, especially when we're talking about a mental illness that comes with mania that can cause auditory hallucinations, visual hallucinations, racing thoughts, an inability to sleep for several days at a time, an increase in the likelihood of incredibly risky behavior with no thought about the potential consequences of that behavior, being on edge non-stop, and a wide range of other stuff like that. You know what does help that, though? Proper medication.

When someone makes a claim that throws the advice of most of the medical community to the wind, I think it's fair to call them out on just how ridiculous it is. You don't have to like what I'm saying, you don't have to agree with me, etc. I don't care. I'm not going to sit idly by as someone spouts out misinformation could result in someone potentially putting themselves and/or others in danger.

• Thunder Goddess

No, because he's right, speaking as somebody who's both bipolar and a registered nurse.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

• Banned

the people with weaker type 2 bipolars might smoke in the depressed phase for some relief.
    For the vast majority of bipolars- which includes possible manias , if however breif- shouldn't be going anywhere near the stuff.

also that whole thing about mary jane helping seizure disorder, even recently pediatric seizure disorder- is a truck load of BS.

its no wonder false information leads to serious wounds. Mary Jane just doesn't have very many medical benefits.

I am not saying its all together useless or dangerous. Just please not for brain problems.

• Banned

Hatsune_Miku said:

I make my own shit.

Waifu!

You almost blew the basement up last time when you tricked me into building that Meth Lab.

I mean I know the world is yours but damn woman! We are gonna send you to rehab if this behavior continues.

• SwimPunk Banned

Except I don't think you can say they're throwing the advice of the medical community out the window b/c there aren't enough studies on it yet.

I can easily find tons of bipolar people online who self medicate and disagree with you. And some medical professionals who are interested in doing studies on it.

And common sense to me = you're in the midst of a manic episode, smoke some indica, sit on the couch, relax. Depressive episode? Smoke some sativa and enjoy your giggles and mood lift. Psychotic hallucinations? Have a CDB strain and enjoy the sobering antipsychotic effects.

All from a drug that doesn't cause cancer, ticks, or hurt your liver. Which are all side effects of prescription drugs that might be used to treat bipolar disorder.

I just think it's more ridiculous to dismiss that cannabis can't help bipolar disorder when it has the same effect as a lot of the drugs they might put you on for bipolar disorder (without the side effects!) Especially when they're just beginning to study the chemicals in marijuana.

• Banned

the only people who claim this have been anecdotal sources from the internet. There aren't even many people who have even stepped forward with this claim- which leads me to believe the people whom this worked for might have weaker type 2 bipolar disorder- meaning they using it for depression releif... also they are on other meds.

The whole thing about Sativa and Indica being different and unique (as is CBD being different from THC)- also in question. CBD being used for anti-psychotic effects.. highly doubtful.

• Banned

Like it isn't now?

• Helper

As someone who lives in a legalized state and doesn't smoke, weed smells fucking awful. I really don't care if you wanna smoke but god damn just be respectful of other people.

• SwimPunk Banned

Phillies29 said:

also that whole thing about mary jane helping seizure disorder, even recently pediatric seizure disorder- is a truck load of BS.

why? Have you been keeping up on the studies?

• Banned

why bro word on the internet is all weed smells like BlueBerry Bugglegum man. because the intraweebs said so