happy late birthday sonic the hedgehog!
325   16

• SwimHero

cant believe its been 25 years since his glorious debut. still one of my most favorite franchises and my most played retro game is sonic 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x2NbK8IOpQ

Janeway Rules!

Thanks!!

Sonic 2, also my favorite. Maybe Sonic & Knuckles after that.

• SwimHero

excellent choice.
    all the genesis main sonic games are all excellent but 2 is the one i go play back the most. i cant spedd run it but i am good at the game

Janeway Rules!

I liked Sonic games back in the day.....but I don't think I ever beat any of them.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• SwimHero

haha yeah they were a little hard. i remember it took me awhile before i even beat sonic 2.
    i didnt even beat sonic 3 until recently.

Janeway Rules!

I forget, but what happens you put the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 cartridge into Sonic & Knuckles? It puts Tails in the game doesn't it? I haven't played it in ages, but I think that's what happens.

• SwimHero

really zeni?
    come on dont troll me bro!

Janeway Rules!

• Helper

What the hell is that behind you

Isn't that what happens? You know what I'm saying, when you open up the top of the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge, you're supposed to put Sonic 2 in there or maybe it was Sonic 3. I think was Sonic 2 that you're supposed to put in.

• Helper

Sonic 2 + S&K puts a very powerful Knuckles into Sonic 2.

What the hell is that behind you

• SwimHero

theres no way you dont know this. no way.
    sonic 2 w/knuckles adds knuckles.

Janeway Rules!

Haha I used to know it, but I haven't played S&K in ages. When the PS2/GC/Xbox era of video games started, I put my Genesis and PlayStation away for good.

• SwimHero

alright i'll believe you for now.
    but yeah the s&k cartridge opens up on the top and you and insert sonic 2 and 3 which lets you play as knuckles in those games. it's also its own stand alone game which was good too.

Janeway Rules!

I believe my S&K copy is defective as is my Sonic 2 one. Twenty years of wear and tear and it really annoys me b/c every once in a while I want to hook up my Sega and play Streets of Rage or X-Men 2 and the games freeze up on me. Always treated all my disc games like they were sacred though. Mostly in mint condition lol.

• SwimHero

these cartridges can last for years on end.
    sometimes the contacts get dirty from time to time and a simple cleaning will fix them.

Janeway Rules!