I thought the dub of Steins;Gate was great
505   12

• Banned

Can't say the same for Parasyte, though.

Why did Toonami just pick up another gazillion-ep series like HxH?

That's 3 shows now that are just endless slogs.

alt text

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• Banned

Fairytail should replace One Piece and Naruto. Those are unwatchable.

And it only has like 200 episodes instead of ... 800.

• SwimStar

atleast hxh gets really good and has a lot of high points. naruto takes a long time in between its good parts + filler makes it a nightmare of a series to watch, LET ALONE at a weekly pace. op's probably the worst of the three to have on the block though. poor pacing that rivals bleach, almost 900 episodes, ridiculous padding, etc.

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• SwimComrad

Stein's gate is STILL on my to-watch list and has been there for like... 4 years lmao

ive heard so many good things about that show. i should def check it out soon.

• Banned

Remember in 2012 when everyone on this board feared the next show hitting Toonami was Stein's Gate?

Good times.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Banned

because they go on forever
    so they wont have to get new series

> Posts: 166,425 Registered: ‎6-03-2007

• Banned

Oh, I forgot about Naruto.

That means there are 4 shows on the block that are endless slogs.

• Banned

Hey man, Hunter X Hunter and DBZ are not slogs.

One Piece and Naruto though...sure.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Banned

So the dub was better than what, the japanese version?

Because to me the thing that fails in the english dub is the fact they used the same 5 people to voice every anime in the past 10 years.

• SwimComrad

steins; gate was a better series than parasyte, regardless of the dub.