independence day: resurgence
251   6

• SwimHero

saw it last night but just got to posting it today.
    anyone else see this one yet?

i was a fan of the first one and thought this one delivered.

Janeway Rules!

• Toonami

It was everything I expected it to be and I was by no means disappointed. I've rewatched the first movie more times than I can count and I feel like this one was pretty much everything I could have wanted from a sequel to it.

Pretty much my only complaints:

I don't care what people say now, the first movie made it abundantly clear that Dr. Okun was dead. I know why they brought him back (great character, fans love him, etc.), but an asspull is an asspull.

That hole in the center of the Atlantic that's a mile in diameter and goes almost all the way to the center of the Earth? How the hell are they supposed to fix that? I won't pretend to even remotely understand the mechanics of something like that, but I assume it'd wreak a hell of a lot of havoc on the water level of the ocean, the different layers of the Earth (especially with all that water pouring into them), etc. Even if they use the almost-definite excuse of "we used alien technology to patch that baby up!" in the inevitable sequel, I just don't see a plausible way to explain any of that away. More of a complaint for the next movie than this one, technically, but it's an issue nonetheless.

• SwimHero

haha yeah, before i went into this i was hoping for was another inspirational bill paulman speech and it delivered on that.

Janeway Rules!

• SwimHero

how you post spoilers?

Janeway Rules!

That's what i keep hearing. i'm probably going friday.

Monsters come in many shapes and sizes . I'm all of them

• Toonami

distorted_reasoning said:

how you post spoilers?

Post this:
    ­>>