Dragon Quest
    Star Ocean
    The Legend of Zelda

• Banned

Zenigundam said:

The Legend of Zelda

gtfo

[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]

The Zelda games are awfully basic. I'd probably replace it with an American RPG like Elder Scrolls then. The reason I like the best JRPGs better than the best non-JRPGs is because the characters, music, and atmosphere all come together with the problem-solving aspects to create captivating fantasy experiences. The Elder Scrolls games are entertaining, but the developer is telling you, "Go do what you want. It's an open-world. There's a story too, but you can have fun without having to complete it by just exploring." You don't have the rich musical scores, compelling characters, and fluidity that you get from the legendary JRPGs, if ya agree or get what I mean.

RPGs that I'd badly like to see remade: Dragon Warrior I, II, and III.

• Banned

Zelda games normally aren't considered RPGs was my point. I agree with most of the other things you said, though. I do think JRPGs tend to have much better musical scores than WRPGs, and it is the main reason why I have a slight preference for them.

[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]

Oh yeah good point. They're not really RPGs now that I think about it since you don't level up or change classes or anything like that.