Anime worth watching
782   34

• Banned

So the majority of anime is crap. Someone want to make me a list of the 0.05 percent worth watching in the little free time I have. I'm a busy dude.

Knocking them out of the way before they're mentioned:
    Trigun
    Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo
    Outlaw Star
    Wolf's Rain
    FLCL

Aside from that, I can't think of a lot of worthy titles. Thus the need for a list.

Requirement: They must have a beginning and end. None of this nonsense where they are continued in a video game or they stop production so you have to find out the rest of the story in a manga.

Also, no battle anime or any "i got to keep getting stronger" stories. LAME.

• Swimuminati

Rurouni Kenshin!

• Banned

Psycho Pass

[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]

• Banned

I was never able to finish that one. I got bored to death and died around the time they brought the Germans in to kill off the ninjas. Did the show have a definite end or did it just leave you hanging?

Long anime, pretty much any that last longer than 26 episodes, are probably a good topic in themselves. Except that would probably be "which episodes you could skip and not miss anything."

• Swimuminati

Wait, what?

What germans?

I can't even think of a story line with germans

• Toonami

Shows:

• Baccano
    • Hellsing Ultimate
    • One Punch Man (technically has no ending because it's ongoing, but seriously, watch it - I promise you it's worth it)
    • Shimoneta (again, no ending, but if you watch it you'll see why that doesn't really matter; you'll love it if you like vulgar/sexual humor, don't bother if you hate that kind of humor)
    • Steins;Gate

Movies:

• Akira
    • Ghost in the Shell
    • Paprika
    • Princess Mononoke
    • Redline

• Banned

I'm surprised I forgot Baccanno! That was the last one that I really liked.

I kind of like Space Dandy, but haven't seen enough of it.

• SwimNinja

Monster, Fullmetal Alchemist original and Brotherhood, Natsume Yuujinchou, Black Lagoon, Yuyu Hakusho(eff your get stronger rules it's a good show), Inukami, 12 Kingdoms, Fruits Basket, Hikaru no Go, Death Note, Baccano, Hajime no Ippo, Nodame Cantabile, Tokyo Godfathers, Full Metal Panic(is getting continued but worth the watch), Yakitate Japan, and Gintama(don't think it has a proper ending but your life will be better if you watch it).

I hear good things about Major, Chihayafuru, Mushishi, Monogatari, Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket, JoJo, Girls und Panzer, Psycho Pass, and Mushishi.

"The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita

• Banned

Maybe cut that down to one or two quality shows. I'm familiar with some of the stuff on the list.

I saw Black Lagoon. I found it so unremarkable that I forgot what it was about aside from a lot of shooting. Not going on my list.

YuYu Hakusho will not be on my list. Saw it. Too many low quality episodes to make it a good show. That and it essentially repeats the same plot over and over and over.

Full Metal Panic will not be on my list. Saw an episode. I don't watch shows about teenagers dealing with teenage things. That's for teenagers dealing with teenage things.

Both Full Metal Alchemist shows would make it, but they'd need a lot of episodes trimmed to improve quality, which is what this list is about.

• SwimStar

fate/zero
    yahari oregairu
    bakemonogatari
    shinsekai yori
    5cm per second
    ef a tale of melodies/memories
    aku no hana
    baccano

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Banned

Mixboy said:

Wait, what?

What germans?

I can't even think of a story line with germans

These: http://kenshin.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Knights

• Banned

Very funny thread title, 9/10 much laughs

• Swimuminati

Dude, that was so late in the series when things were winding down that I barely recognize those images...it was a 95 episode series and 1 through, like, 70...was good...the last 25 were just a long goodbye, I feel....You should watch it from the beginning...and if you did, you wouldn't be bringing these throw away characters up

• SwimNinja

Fine, picky person. Monster and Gintama. They're good to watch together because after Monster's darker episodes, Gintama can provide some laughs.

"The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita

Tatami Galaxy (break-neck pacing, but once you get a grip of it, it's fantastic - favorite series)
    Paranoia Agent
    Gankutsuou
    Steins;Gate
    Zetsubou-sensei (no ending outside manga, not really necessary with the whole episodic satire thing)

Movies:
    Millennium Actress
    Perfect Blue
    Memories
    Redline
    Genius Party (and 2's "Dimension Bomb")

• Other Anime

This post is deleted!

• Other Anime

Osomatsu-san
    Erased
    Kill la Kill
    Cromartie Highschool
    Humanity Has Declined
    Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
    One Punch Man
    Dead Leaves
    Sabagebu

• SwimPeanut

Long title: "Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C3"

It's a CG. In as one person, out as an improved person.

If you want to pick THAT type out of a crowd, just look for the festering scabs on their elbows.

• Banned

Its declining quality probably means it shouldn't be on a worth watching list. This is kind of a "worth watching from start to finish and everything in between" list.

Thinking like that, I probably should remove Trigun. About 1/3 of that series can be skipped without missing anything important.

• Banned

One Punch Man keeps being brought up, I'll check it out.

• Swimuminati

No worth watching list is complete without Rurouni Kenshin...that you don't know that makes me sad

Also, blasphemy on the Trigun comment