How to deal with ordering a foreign dish that you don't know how to pronounce (A Zenigundam Guide)
927   26

• SwimVIP

1. Pronounce it the way you think is correct and then when the waiter attempts to politely correct you yell over him, "Thanks Jeevesy, old pal! This is some fine service!" so that your date doesn't notice.

2. Say it very quickly, but point to it on the menu so that the waiter takes it down without incident and doesn't pick up on the likely mispronunciation.

3. Begin to sweat and look for something else to order. Something that you love and are more familiar with even if you really want the one you can't pronounce.

4. If your menu is numbered, you can get away with the old, "I'll have the number twenty-eight..." (Point to it confidently while showing the waiter the menu)

1. Have a nervous breakdown, scramble out of the restaurant, speed off into the night, and never look back as your date will never contact you again after that scene you just made.

And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zenigundam

• SwimPeanut

It's usually in English too. "I'll have the eighteen ounce T-bone."

If you want to pick THAT type out of a crowd, just look for the festering scabs on their elbows.

• SwimVIP

1938_Packard said:

It's usually in English too. "I'll have the eighteen ounce T-bone."

Oh, Packard, you have so much to learn. Reciting the description of the dish to the waiter isn't sophisticated whatsoever!

(adjusts monacle and points nose high in the air)

And the Universe said, "Let there be Zeni's YouTube Channel". And so it was. And it was good.

• IB Banned

Dont be silly.

What do you know about dates? Youre like okc veteran with zero dates. Stfu mane. Take your mother on a date, she knows you cant read, so its not embarrassing.

All greatness comes from loss
    Swimeival
    06-10-2004
    boards.adultswim.com/users

• Banned

Doesn't your mom usually order for you when she takes you out to eat?

Hail to the king.

• SwimVIP

EvilsergE said:

Dont be silly.
    so its not embarrassing.

You mean to type Don't* not "Dont" and it's* not "its". Oh you commoner...

(sips tea and adjusts monacle)

• Banned

Don't worry Zeni you'll probably land a very cultured male partner one of these days. He'll know how to pronounce it, you can just sit there and look pretty.

• Babbling

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• SwimNinja

Or you could just point at the menu and ask how to pronounce it. They will not cart you off to jail for doing so.

"The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita

• Banned

Sorce said:

Or you could just point at the menu and ask how to pronounce it. They will not cart you off to jail for doing so.

That wouldn't offer him an opportunity to puff his feathers in front of all his imaginary girlfriends though.

• Banned

Sitting there and looking pretty is gonna be impossible for zeni.

Hail to the king.

• Thunder Goddess

You mean you still can't cope with the menu at Taco Bell?

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish

Happy Banned Books Week! Take a gay penguin to lunch today!

• SwimPeanut

Don't order in French when you're at P.F. Chang's.

If you want to pick THAT type out of a crowd, just look for the festering scabs on their elbows.

• Beast Master

Zenigundam said:

This reminds me of old time OA. Hmmm.

Aye swimae.

• SwimPeanut

770312 said:

Zenigundam said:

This reminds me of old time OA. Hmmm.

"yeux de tortue avec sauce de morve" doesn't mean "garnished with carrots".

• SwimVIP

Thank you for the upvote, my kind friend. I think this is an excellent guide because this situation isn't all that farfetched. It happens every day.

• SwimLegend

I can't pronounce a lot of shit, so this guide will be handy for me. Most likely leading up to step 5.

Ric's Youtube: It's fucking awesome of course
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl6qCbzMXEezDBksc9XqUuw

• Banned

brian_boru said:

Doesn't your mom usually order for you when she takes you out to eat?

Yeah.

A happy meal. 😂

• SwimElder

zeni a la sausage

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• Banned

zenikabobs.

• SwimElder

never tried that ... is it zenigood?

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."