Just a little something from an average white guy...
390   13

• Puppy Power

... to all my non white bretheren. Whatever you want to say about Obama, he was certainly not the worst president we've ever seen (nor is GW Bush while we're at it). That he's become a wedge in racial relations pains me.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/30/politics/why-black-america-may-be-relieved-to-see-obama-go/index.html

09/13/03

• Banned

He did many horrible and unprecedented things.

Obama in the situation room:

"DEPLOY THE SKY REAPERS"

• SwimElder Banned

not sure what minddatte ur r comng from. silly obama just adream. dream like all elsea

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• Swimuminati

No one's perfect, but he was far from a bad president...haters gonna hate

• Assy McGee Banned

BanRaniel said:

He did many horrible and unprecedented things.

Obama in the situation room:

"DEPLOY THE SKY REAPERS"

Aside from signing off on these sorts of things I wonder if the president does much of anything.

"A psychological shift is taking place among many blacks, and it can be heard in countless conversations over dinner tables, in barbershops and on social media. Some say they've never felt so much pessimism about white America, such hopelessness.
    They're almost relieved to see Obama go."

I stopped reading here...it's like a payed speech...

• ShoeHands

I know im walking right into a minefield, but whatever. Im not one to run from a politically charged conversation.

I think this article points to something I have been saying for a while now. People have become incapable of recognizing that political differences with Obama are not racism. So many people instantly scream “Racist” the second you bring up any political difference with Obama.

To be clear, there is racism directed at Obama. But not every bit of criticism of him has a basis in racism, in fact most of it does not. The problem is to many people don’t recognize that because the Race Card was used as a bludgeon to attack anyone who dared voice opposition to Obama.

Don’t want higher taxes? Racist
    Don’t want Obamacare? Racist
    Don’t think he is doing enough to fight ISIS? Racist

It worked well for a while, but now people simply don’t care if they are called racist because legitimate concerns and political differences were lumped in together with actual racism. That’s part of whats led to this huge backlash against the PC culture and the rise of Trump. A political bludgeon was used so effectively for a period of time that it has caused a backlash.

In the grand scheme of things Obama is going to be remembered as a “meh” president. He wasn’t great, but he wasn’t horrible. The biggest thing to happen during his presidency was the legalization of Gay Marriage, and that happened through SCOTUS and not through his actions. The economy has been sluggish, and theres a raging debate on his response to terrorism. Race relations are worse now than they have been in ages, and events like Ferguson will only paint an image of a president who lost control of the country. Obamacare hasnt done what it was supposed to do, and its showing the signs of a Death Spiral that people feared. If anything his biggest legacy is the massive increase in gun sales and historic GOP wins at the State and House Federal level.

He will be Historic in the fact that he was the first black president, but he won’t be remembered as a historic president for his actions in office.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Banned

Expanded the drone program to murder foreign citizens in a multitude of countries, even used drones to kill American citizens, including a minor.

Deported more people than any other President

Historically anti-whistleblower

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/jan/10/jake-tapper/cnns-tapper-obama-has-used-espionage-act-more-all-/

• AdultSwim.Com

i thought you were black?

:robotfrustrated:Necrotic techno-magic bullshit.:robotfrustrated:COWBOY_STILGAR sed so

• SwimHero

terrible article.

Janeway Rules!

• Banned

I thought the punchline of this joke was "Civilization."

• Banned

BanRaniel said:

Historically anti-whistleblower

That's because snitches get stitches, bitch.

• Puppy Power

Indeed, political differences don't equate to racism, and, for the most part political maneuvering is not part of this (partisanship being something else). What i think is of value in this article is how the stupid things, such as calling Obama a muslim, have had a negative effect on African Americans as a whole. Obama as a president is who he is, but Obama as a black man has made him an unwitting implement in an not so open race war.

09/13/03