HUNTER × HUNTER MARATHON DISCUSSION THREAD
21040   282

• Mobile Suit Gundam

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• Toonami Banned

You didn't post in the Toonami folder... again.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Ok, I'll get it right next time!!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimPeanut

And still no Samurai Jack. Sigh...disappointed...don't tell me we have to wait till almost the end of the year for it now!

Well, I got the Hunter X Hunter marathon to cheer me up. Really looking forward to it! After a busy day at work I will need it!

Some days, some nights, some live, some die in the name of the Samurai!

Never underestimate a woman!

See ya, Space Cowboys and Cowgirls!

• Toonami

ALchemist81 said:

Get × it, × Saitama!!

Oh wait. That's in 2 weeks.

H×H 1-7 Tonight (7/2/16) @ 11:30

I have issues with One Punch Man but I was able to overlook Dr. Stylish in Akame ga Kill so I'll try to overlook my issues with OPM when it's airing as well

• SwimPunk

You "overlooked" your issues with stylish?

• Toonami Banned

He was bitching about it constantly.

• Toonami Banned

mochi said:

ALchemist81 said:

Get × it, × Saitama!!

Oh wait. That's in 2 weeks.

H×H 1-7 Tonight (7/2/16) @ 11:30

I have issues with One Punch Man but I was able to overlook Dr. Stylish in Akame ga Kill so I'll try to overlook my issues with OPM when it's airing as well

Great, another show for you to go into social justice warrior mode over.

Y do they keep doing marathons it's starting to piss me off

Toonami must be on its last legs if it's running marathons when there are a bunch of new episodes of many anime that can be shown.

Took the words right out of my mouth zen

The people who make these threads follow the TV ratings closely and Toonami's newest anime, Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, has been struggling mightily to retain viewers. Every week around 25% of the viewers from the timeslot before it change the channel or go to sleep when it comes on.

• Toonami

Zerk3000 said:

They're doing it because they expect nobody to be around since 4th of July weekend.

Even with On Demand everything would probably still be filled with "but WTF happened last week?!"...

• Toonami

DangerMouseDM said:

Zerk3000 said:

They're doing it because they expect nobody to be around since 4th of July weekend.

Even with On Demand everything would probably still be filled with "but WTF happened last week?!"...

eh, I'm fine with it, I'm gonna be drunk tonight anyway

• Toonami

mochi said:

DangerMouseDM said:

Zerk3000 said:

eh, I'm fine with it, I'm gonna be drunk tonight anyway

Yeah. I mean it'd be cool particularly for naruto and one piece that will be on basically forever since we're hundreds of episodes behind but I'm not surprised they just do marathons on holidays

• SwimSuperFan

Marathons make shows last even longer which makes toonami because they don't have to get many new shows in that case...

this year has not been able to match the power of 2014 at all....

this year gives us Dimension W Hunter X Hunter Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans One Punch Man And New Samurai Jack

D-W Was A Bust and HXH seemed like a desperation pick to try and get more fans on board with a requested long runner that will only result in less new shows over time

Iron Blooded Orphans doesn't seem to be generating much interest so far...OPM Has it's own brand of hype(Seen it)but 12 episodes means either they'll have to throw in a random marathon or already have Samurai Jack waiting in the wings to replace it(which is just 10 episodes...so that gives us another problem)

"Here Comes A New Challenger!-D.VA(Hana Song)"

• Toonami

One Punch Man was so much fun, can't wait to hear the dub.

Yall have some good points but still I always watch all these shows regardless just wish they would benefit the loyal watchers that's why the ratings on some shows are bad all because they don't want to finish the good shows that's my opinion tho

• Toonami

countfrylock said:

OPM Has it's own brand of hype(Seen it)but 12 episodes means either they'll have to throw in a random marathon or already have Samurai Jack waiting in the wings to replace it(which is just 10 episodes...so that gives us another problem)

I imagine that's why One Punch Man was able to fit, since it and Jack might make up a normal run with a marathon or two to fill out 2 or 3 more weeks like you said.

• Toonami

DangerMouseDM said:

One Punch Man was so much fun, can't wait to hear the dub.

it better be fun and there better be alot of male nudity outside of the

Puri Puri Prisoner

episode because

Puri Puri Prisoner

is as bad(if not worse) than Dr. Stylish and I don't think he should even exist

Hunter X Hunter is on now yayyyyyyy another marathon lol