Oh hey, facebook wants my government-issued ID.
428   19

• ShoeHands

Nope. I don't care if it does get deleted off their servers after verification, I'm not doing it. Good thing I hardly used it.

The era of the fancy signature has come to a final end.

• SwimPunk Banned

Photoshooooooooooop

I am McLovin

• ShoeHands

Meh. Like I'm putting up any effort for them. Unless they accept a photo of me teabagging Zuckerberg?

• Helper

What for?
    Is this just Faceplant fishing for personal info?

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• SwimPunk Banned

I'll do it for you if you want. I love forgeries. And fb sucks. They don't care about their community (which if they did I could understand wanting to create a non-anonymous online community to introduce consequence into things said/done) but they just want to data mine and know everything about you / squeeze every last drop of profit from you / cave in to any law enforcement for any reason / save money on moderating their community.

So I'll help anyone photoshop a fake ID to break FB's TOS.

• Banned

That's so crazy

Really want to deactivate mine

I'm sure deleting is impossible

• SwimPeanut

Better get used to the increasing police state.

真実はいつもひとつ!

• IB

Still not giving anything my phone number for "security" reasons.

Too lazy to relearn HTML to recreate my old sig.

• Helper

I would never do that, and I have a burner....

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• Assy McGee Banned

BanRaniel said:

That's so crazy

Really want to deactivate mine

I'm sure deleting is impossible

Change your name to something obviously fake. That's how mine ended up fully purged.

• Banned

The NSA parasites want to use algorithms to track ur internet handles so they can feed them to the police state

• ShoeHands

I can't access my account until I prove I'm really me. For... um. Security reasons. F**k 'em.

• ShoeHands

That is highly illegal and I cannot condone such actions. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go look in some other direction while you don't break any laws.

• ShoeHands

westparck said:

The NSA parasites want to use algorithms to track ur internet handles so they can feed them to the police state

Believe it or not, I'd sooner hand my info to the NSA than a private corporation. NSA is nonprofit and would only come after me for a government agenda. Capitalist greed would use - and alreadi is using - Big Data on the general population for their monetary gain, which means less money in my own, and my family's, pocket. That's a more immediate danger than nebulous "maybe Big Brother or something".

• SwimParagon

Hum. There goes my plan of trying to re-establish an account there...

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• SwimSage Banned

F**k that. They haven't asked me for anything like that. If they do require it I'm done.

• ShoeHands

Wonder if I have legal recourse here?

• Helper

Runescapian said:

I can't access my account until I prove I'm really me. For... um. Security reasons. F**k 'em.

So, if they need your government ID to confirm your identity, what do they have already to verify the ID you give them against?

Why not just give it to them? They won't misuse it. What are you afraid of? Are you doing illegal things? Are you an islamic terrorist? If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear!

It's great when you enjoy things.