Would Drifters be good for Toonami?
4947   86

• Mobile Suit Gundam

It's kind of like Hellsing Ultimate, also written by Kouta Hirano.

Coming October 2016; if it got a Dimension W-style simul-dub, it could replace One-Punch Man at Midnight!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-03/funimation-licenses-drifters-show-by-rock-short-anime/.103920

Here's the trailer. It's all kinds of badass!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4DcCVIPJJ0

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• Babbling

Drifters have no home. Therefore, they have no tv.

So, no, drifters would not be good for Toonami.

• SwimNinja

Just looked it up, could be interesting although I'm not sure it has anything to do with Hellsing. Also doesn't look like it has been dubbed yet.

I'm still waiting for the Hellsing prequel to be made into a anime.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Toonami

It really isn't that much like Hellsing. If you wanted to compare it to anything I think it would be more akin to the Fate Stay series, with there being more large scale battles and use of various tactics throughout history with a mix of Fantasy in it. It does get bloody at times but part of that is because you again have large scale battles being fought. There's some magic involved but there is more emphasis put on swordplay and gunplay from what I remember in them manga.

As for how it would do for Toonami, who knows. Maybe if people hype it up enough it will be on Toonami's radar. Better hope people do with how much of a flop Hellsing Ultimate was.

Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door

• Babbling

Why was Hellsing Ultimate a failure? I watched it on [as]. That means it must have gotten excellent ratings.

• SwimNinja

Hellsing Ultimate flopped on Toonami? you people have no taste.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• SwimStar

remember when we got f**king tenchi muyo gxp on toonami? lmao

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Banned

The first few episodes did great for its timeslot, then it got bumped up and did okay, but it was forced into hiatus for a couple weeks before bombing during the last Month Of Movies.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• SwimNinja

QuebecElegy said:

remember when we got f**king tenchi muyo gxp on toonami? lmao

alt text

• Banned

Sorry, gotta go with Gate or Overlord =P

• Helper

I'll answer this question with a resounding...

Maybe

• Toonami

I think it'd be great since I'm really looking forward to the show.

While seemingly pretty different the style is still familiar since it's from the same writer/artist.

Loved that show and the old teaser for this at that time was intriguing.
    The trailers for Drifters so far have been awesome. It'd be great if Taliesin Jaffe got to direct the dub at Funi, he did such a great job on Hellsing and putting together that great cast.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Yeah, that WOULD be awesome! Eagerly awaiting that news with bated breath!!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• Toonami Banned

Does it also have a completely moronic ending?

• SwimNinja

I think Hellsing Ultimate's ending is vastly superior to the original Hellsing's ending. Not that that says much.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

ThatGman said:

We don't know yet; hell, this could only be the first season.

Ironically, this show will be animated by NBC/Universal of Japan. Syfy is also an NBC/Universal property. So it appears that if Toonami WERE to get this show instead of Syfy, it would be Syfy's last nail in the coffin toward ever showing AniMonday again!

• Toonami

The manga is still on going, so there is a chance it could.

Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door

I would say that chance is infinitesimal at best.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

ThatGman said:

I think Hellsing's ending was actually fitting, storyline wise. I just wish it had been animated with a bit more action. Seemed kind of discordant compared to the first 9 episodes!

• Banned

Yes.... please.

• Toonami Banned

I've gotta say the concept sounds interesting.  It reminds me of the Star Trek episode where some aliens made Kirk and Spock fight alongside and against all these important leaders from the past for the lulz.  You guys think it has a shot of getting on Toonami?

Though I didn't know that author was still writing manga.  Did he ever finish the Hellsing prequel series?