ever just can't decide what to with your life??
250   12

• SwimElder Banned

I mean on one hand saving up and preparing for the future is great.
    On the other hand working to achieve a goal seems pointless.
    So we are stuck with the questions- is all the work and effort really worth it?
    Does anyone know what the future holds?

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• Assy McGee Banned

Butts.

The way I see it is everyone has his or her own idea of happiness and that should be the goal. It's good to accept that you are really only one person in a long line of people who will replace you in society and do what you're doing now and that, in time, it's only natural that your legacy will be forgotten, but it's all right because virtually nobody will have a legacy thousands of years from now. We have to find happiness while we can because life is ephemeral, so just do what makes you feel good and don't worry about any outside criticisms of your lifestyle because none of it means anything. Actually none of this might matter at all. Happiness might be fleeting and we might someday come to a juncture where we've tried everything that could make us happy and all that awaits is monotony and death, but that's a very gloomy outlook to a lot of people, so maybe we just have to enjoy even the simplest pleasures so that we never reach that point if it does exist!

• SwimElder Banned

damn

you have become quite the philosopher! I shall record your pearls and wisdom for many generations to come!

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

Oh I doubt it's an original idea. There's no way it can be. I'm sure plenty of people have thought the same thing over the course of history. It just seems like there isn't some kind of preternatural ability that any given human being is capable of that can allow him or her to transcend human experience, so we come to terms with the fact that we are all alike and that (advances in science, medicine, technology, etc notwithstanding) we'll all lead similar existences to both those who came before us and those who will follow us.

• Banned

Nothing is worth it. Life is one disappointment after another. You may think those wounds heal, but they don't.....They open up at the worst times possible and you find yourself still in bed, unable to move at 11am. You don't answer the phone because it's just people that want something from you but they don't realize that you are the one in need.

You want to drink the pain away but you realize that's what you've done the last 3 days and there is no end to the turmoil. I think I finally understand you........I want nothing more than to crawl into a basement and wait to die.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• Banned

See that's your problem...ambition....as long as my bills are paid I don't give a shit

We think we can make honey without sharing in the fate of bees, but we are in truth nothing but poor bees, destined to accomplish our task and then die.

• SwimPeanut

I'm graduating college next year, and I'm in doubt about whether I should go with career choice A or career choice B. Ultimately, life is a gamble and the house calls the shots. You just have to go with what you think is right and pray to whatever god you worship (or not) that your life doesn't go up in flames like the Hindenburg.

真実はいつもひとつ!

• SwimElder Banned

CyberBully360 said:

Nothing is worth it. Life is one disappointment after another. You may think those wounds heal, but they don't.....They open up at the worst times possible and you find yourself still in bed, unable to move at 11am. You don't answer the phone because it's just people that want something from you but they don't realize that you are the one in need.

You want to drink the pain away but you realize that's what you've done the last 3 days and there is no end to the turmoil. I think I finally understand you........I want nothing more than to crawl into a basement and wait to die.

I think this is the first time we have connected on a deeper level since the first time we have flame/trolled each other.

You know... waifu has a friend here. Shes got red curly hair and likes to eat french bread...

maybe you could come hang out and meet her? She doesn't mind the drunken lazyness either.

• SwimElder Banned

The_Hive44 said:

See that's your problem...ambition....as long as my bills are paid I don't give a shit

I haven't gotten to the bill paying part yet. :|

• SwimElder Banned

Cruelty said:

I'm graduating college next year, and I'm in doubt about whether I should go with career choice A or career choice B. Ultimately, life is a gamble and the house calls the shots. You just have to go with what you think is right and pray to whatever god you worship (or not) that your life doesn't go up in flames like the Hindenburg.

lol

that made me laugh really hard for some reason.

I always wonder how some people are so successful and happy. So far I haven't made it past the basement stairs.Literally.

• Banned

I think everyone has self-doubt and doubt about their future to some degree. Confusion and a fear of the unknown is what brings people to innovate and better themselves and the world around them. It is up to you, but the potential is always within us, some just take longer than others. :)