Secret of Mana OST
265   20

Honestly if there's one classic game I'd like another crack at it would be that game.

• Manowarrior

Seriously underrated soundtrack. Here's one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xrRuhuHyic

The game itself is quite good, but doesn't live up to (most) of the rest of the SNES era Squaresoft games.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

How far did you get in the game? Spikey Tiger is far I made it

• Manowarrior

That one's good. Kinda the blood pumpin' counterpart to Into the Thick of It.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFKoFzNfQdA

• Banned

A classic, really love that game.

• Manowarrior

Kudasai said:

How far did you get in the game? Spikey Tiger is far I made it

I beat it.

If you're having trouble, here's the best piece of advice I can give you: BUILD UP YOUR MAGIC EXPERIENCE POINTS. If you're like me, you just use regular weapons while roaming around killing normal enemies, and doing that neglects to build up your magic powers. What I did was quite tedious and built up every "esper" (I can't remember what term they use in that game, so I just used the FFVI term, lol) and every weapon to the max for all three characters. I'm sure you don't have to go to those insane levels, but leveling up your magic is definitely where I'd guess is the best place to start.

It still haunts me to this day that I could never beat it. If my SNES hadn't broken in 94

• Manowarrior

Kudasai said:

It still haunts me to this day that I could never beat it. If my SNES hadn't broken in 94

Dude, did you ever get a new one? Did you beat FFVI? Did you even play Chrono Trigger???

No but I need to. But at the time I had a Genesis and my dad wasn't going to spend money on another SNES

• Banned

[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]

• Manowarrior

Kudasai said:

No but I need to. But at the time I had a Genesis and my dad wasn't going to spend money on another SNES

Do you have or did you ever have PS or PS2? All the SNES Final Fantasies (including V, I think excluding Mystic Quest) and Chrono Trigger were re-released on those systems years ago. Still need SNES for Secret of Mana though, I think.

Squaresoft was just on fire in the early - mid 90s on SNES/Super Famicom.

I got a PS1 in 98 and a PS2 and unfortunaley the PS2 would be the last system I would ever own

• Manowarrior

Kudasai said:

I got a PS1 in 98 and a PS2 and unfortunaley the PS2 would be the last system I would ever own

The N64 was the last system I ever owned until my parents bought a Wii-U for when my niece and nephew visit. I haven't played it yet.

Video games just don't interest me anymore but the various soundtracks still live on my phone

• Manowarrior

Kudasai said:

Video games just don't interest me anymore but the various soundtracks still live on my phone

I hear ya man.

Shit I'll crank out the Mega Man and out as if I were listening to Rainbow

• Manowarrior

Kudasai said:

Shit I'll crank out the Mega Man and out as if I were listening to Rainbow

I've tried learning Metal Man's theme on guitar but it's too hard.

You should try Nitro Man, Strike Man and Plug Man's theme. Those sound like they would translate better on guitar

• Manowarrior

Kudasai said:

You should try Nitro Man, Strike Man and Plug Man's theme. Those sound like they would translate better on guitar

Those were pretty cool. Problem is, I love guitar harmonies, and those sound like they would require them, but it takes either multiple guitarists, or overdubs. I hate it when I can't play harmonies when they are in the original composition.

Look at this Metal Man cover, this guy overdubbed himself 6 times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvmXVbntGl8