A person who crosses the picket line is called a "scab".
136   6

• SwimPeanut

Scabs are associated with ugly things. Picture:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8n1n5KAamf1DekEEJEl7PILaMNvYTzOcWQmMdOh-GU1x47-oh7g

Now, without peeking or otherwise Googling, can you tell me whether the scab shown is Photoshop, a real disease or theatrical make up?

If you want to pick THAT type out of a crowd, just look for the festering scabs on their elbows.

• Helper

Theater make-up but based on a real disease.

There are tons of tutorials on how to do that exact thing because it looks gross as hell.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• SwimPeanut

katt_goddess said:

There are tons of tutorials on how to do that exact thing because it looks gross as hell.

Yup. You're right on point. There's also a way to fake the picture, using a lotus plant Photoshopped onto a person's shoulder.

If you want to pick THAT type out of a crowd, just look for the festering scabs on their elbows.

• Babbling

Also plays on Trypophobia.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• SwimPeanut

tsar4 said:

Also plays on Trypophobia.

It took a while for me to be able to look at that picture without feeling itchy all over. My logic says "not real" and my irrational side is "Oh, no! What If I get that!?" And it looks painful.

• Helper

1938_Packard said:

katt_goddess said:

Yup. You're right on point. There's also a way to fake the picture, using a lotus plant Photoshopped onto a person's shoulder.

I've seen the lotus plant photoshops and they are ok for a quick scare but the real 'artistes' are going to go with the theater makeup because then you don't have to worry about getting the light and shadow just right for the pic and you can youtube the ugly 'live' for added horror.

The real thing is just a world of pain but at the same time I can't help but wonder what it would look like if someone went for a power high-five with someone who had that on their hand. It would be like smushing one of those greenbean woodticks with skin flying everywhere.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]