Pokemon GO servers
1290   21

Are already down

• Banned

Not here

We think we can make honey without sharing in the fate of bees, but we are in truth nothing but poor bees, destined to accomplish our task and then die.

The_Hive44 said:

Not here

Pretty sure are you using it?

• Banned

Yup...just caught it...going for a bird

We think we can make honey without sharing in the fate of bees, but we are in truth nothing but poor bees, destined to accomplish our task and then die.

The_Hive44 said:

Yup...just caught it...going for a bird

Back up now for me was weird

• Banned

He just caught a doduo, staryu, tanglea, pinser, and ekans

it's niantic. servers go down quite a bit over there. this tech is very data-heavy. they're not only providing the service, but they're tracking location / movement, inventory, and map interactions and transactions for every user, in real time, globally.

then there's the gps spoofers they need to deal with. watching for impossible location irregularities is pretty resource-intensive. and there's features that are constantly being tested server-side, and they sometimes have unintended consequences (think updates on this site).

what i'm saying is, be happy you're getting as much uptime as you are in this early stage. and expect more downtime going forward.

It's not allowing me to sign in using my Pokemon Trainer Club account....and requesting my username and/or password takes me to a page saying they are currently working on that website.

Almost as frustrating as this place.

I'm a little tea pot short and stout. -SwimModPerseus 2016
    https://youtu.be/5egfJGRBzQM

at least when niantic launched / rolled out updates for its first ARG game, ingress, the server dropouts could be written into the storyline of the game. i don't think pokemon GO has that kind of a story woven into the game.

The_Hive44 said:

He just caught a doduo, staryu, tanglea, pinser, and ekans

I have a Parasect, Charmander, 2Rattata, 2Nidoran, Pidgey and Paras

wacky1980 said:

at least when niantic launched / rolled out updates for its first ARG game, ingress, the server dropouts could be written into the storyline of the game. i don't think pokemon GO has that kind of a story woven into the game.

The AR doesn't work for me am I missing something?
    I don't get it

i really hate to ask, but are you walking around or sitting still?

wacky1980 said:

Both

wacky1980 said:

It says not detecting a AR system on my phone

i don't have the game installed, but if it's similar to ingress, there might be an option to force refresh the AR. that, or force close the app and open it again. it's also possible the problem is server-side, in which case you'll just have to put it down and come back later.

is your phone on the supported device list? i guess it probably is, considering the store let you download it. you may have to enable some features like advanced graphics processing, location services, etc., in your phone in order to get the app to function.

wacky1980 said:

i don't have the game installed, but if it's similar to ingress, there might be an option to force refresh the AR. that, or force close the app and open it again. it's also possible the problem is server-side, in which case you'll just have to put it down and come back later.

is your phone on the supported device list? i guess it probably is, considering the store let you download it. you may have to enable some features like advanced graphics processing, location services, etc., in your phone in order to get the app to function.

I what?

• SwimNinja

Is this worth getting? Like can you battle and stuff? Or just catch them?

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

PrincessUnikitty said:

Is this worth getting? Like can you battle and stuff? Or just catch them?

Once you get to lvl 5 you can go to a gym

• SwimNinja

eh might check it out if my phone can run it.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

do you have gps turned on?

wacky1980 said:

do you have gps turned on?

Yes but it isn't working all that great