Cats learn like Internet Trolls
449   16

Cats LIVE for responses.
    both good and bad.
    Getting mad or angry at your kitty wont change its actions, rather it might make them do it more often.
    The only way to teach a kitty is to either

1. Befriend them and make them like you
    2. ignore their bad actions

If the kitty sees, "Well me scratching this hand doesnt do anything... Guess I better stop" but at the same time "Oh man when I bit this hand, i got a yell and a push! Hes playing with me!"

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

God I miss Workaholics.
    it makes me sad though.
    Cuz I kinda lived like that with a cuple of burnout best freinds after my Uni days
    Ill watch it when i get back to the States for Vacation and watch it with my pals.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

Cats don't like it when they fly across the room after doing something they shouldn't have.

Hail to the king.

• Assy McGee Banned

I had a cat and a bag of rubber bands. Three days in a row I came home to the bag off a shelf and rubber bands everywhere. The third day I shot rubber bands at her for an hour or so and after that they went into a drawer. My brother had a cat that had a lot of kittens though, so I have a lot of understanding of cats. The one cat I raised would climb up my body to sit on my shoulders. One day she brought a dead bird to me and I taught her that's not a thing to do by repetition sort of. She dropped it and I held her over it and said "pick it up" over and over and she dropped it one or two more times on the way to the trash outside and I just did the same thing.

Cats are very trainable if you understand them.

My cat LOVED rubber bands.
    I had a few.
    Emphasis on HAD.
    I usually use paperclips or bullclips, so I never had many rubber bands.
    She loves them though.
    She liked to nibble on that soft rubber feel.
    ive been looking for a toy so that she stops nibbling on my wires too!
    She IS teething, so I cant be all that mad with her though.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Assy McGee Banned

That cat played catch with herself. She really liked how easily she could toss and chase them. As far as I'm aware she likes hair ties and beads now. The beads are hilarious cause she'll grab them in her pads and toss them if she doesn't have the patience for you to throw it.

• Banned

LOL, your cat is gonna suck.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

I dunno my cat definitely understands the word no and has been trained to not do stuff though I will admit he often does what he wants

Honestly we will see.
    I half expect it will.
    but theres the other half where maybe it DOESNT!

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

Im also trying to train "No" as a bad word too.
    Like if shes being reeeally naughty ill say no a lot, pick her up look at her say no, then put her in the bathroom.
    She mews for awhile, but I let her out after depending on how naughty she was.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

She'll learn it and do what you want sometimes. My cat Sox is definitely the smartest or at least the most obedient cat I've ever had. He doesn't claw at furniture anymore, stopped puking on my furniture and responds to his name. The last part I think he learned by me petting him all the time while saying his name and telling him he's a good boy

I think its working.
    At least I think it does, and the people who I have over do too and are rather shocked how obedient my little Pao is sometimes.
    Im also trying this thing I read online where you teach your cat to touch your finger with its nose before you give it a reward like a treat or food.
    Supposed to help the cat be more receptive to training.
    i got a 9 week old kitten, so I hear this is the best time to try training it.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

I saw pics of Pao she's a cutie pie tiny little thing I never heard of that. My cat is too old to start that anyway. He's a rescue kitty like your cat. My younger self used to unwisely feed the strays and he was the only one more interested in food than being afraid of me so I was able to pet him and we became friends. If I look at him and give him a slow blink he comes right over. If I call him by name he runs over. One time he was screaming at me for food and I told him don't bother me Daddy's in the kitchen bother him. He actually did what I said. I was amazed.

• IB Banned

lol adam

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:
    > IB's last thread was by Viperslayer

• Swimuminati

my cat was pretty easy to train not to do stuff. she hates when you make a PSST noise loudly. so when ever i catch her getting the wrong idea about something, i do that and after a bit of a jump, she gets the point.

the one thing i can not break her of is begging for food. at this point it doesn't matter though, she won't be around too much longer. i think.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.