What a Time to be Alive BLM
2198   53

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

a person wants to think there was more to this than what we know right now. surely a cop didn't tell a dude to get his license, then when he goes for it, cop shoots him 4 TIMES while his gf and young daughter are right there. then lets him bleed to death with his gun drawn and no apparent sign of danger exists.

there had better be more to it than that. because if there's not, this could be the one that overturns the apple cart. i've tried to see these situations from all sides in the past, but if the current version of events stands, i just don't know.

• Swimuminati

wacky1980 said:

a person wants to think there was more to this than what we know right now. surely a cop didn't tell a dude to get his license, then when he goes for it, cop shoots him 4 TIMES while his gf and young daughter are right there. then lets him bleed to death with his gun drawn and no apparent sign of danger exists.

there had better be more to it than that. because if there's not, this could be the one that overturns the apple cart. i've tried to see these situations from all sides in the past, but if the current version of events stands, i just don't know.

i'm not gonna watch that video, so i don't know what is all captured on it. the NPR report i heard on my way home from getting eggies this morning reported that girlfriend said he told the officer he was armed (legally so) but was reaching for his wallet. then bang bang.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

Paid administrative leave?.....GTFO of here

So you kill a man with a license to carry a gun and you basically get a paid vacation?
    Friggin' nonsense

• Special Snowflake

"If black people would just stop being around, none of this would happen! Did you all hear how scared and hurt that officer sounded. Poor thing."

Memento Mori

it's a mess. the video doesn't start in til after the guy has already been shot. the only version of events out there right now is what the woman says in the video. she makes a pretty convincing argument, and actually remains much more composed than the cops outside the car (obviously worried about what they just did). it doesn't look good.

it's possible this isn't a matter of racist-cop-shoots-unarmed-black-man, but more like poorly-trained-cop-freaks-and-shoots-black-man. but it doesn't look good at all.

• Toonami Banned

That is messed up.

• Banned

I know you're a benefit of the doubt kind of guy but this has been the norm for as long as I've been alive.....It's just now that suddenly you get to see it with your own eyes. Now since the cop was Asian you can try to dismiss the racist element but the fact of the matter is had the guy in the car had been any other race, this wouldn't have happened.

I'm not going to just flat out call the cop himself racist but our justice and legal institutions still operate on an archaic and racist premise. He was trained that way.

I'll just ask for the sake of argument, how many times has a cop ever made what he claims was a routine traffic stop on you and approached your vehicle with his gun either out or his hand on the firearm at the ready?

Me......Every single time. I was stopped last month after buying a car.....The officer says he stopped me because the paper tag looked forged........Anyway he approached my car with his gun drawn and gave me very clear instructions on exiting my vehicle. He didn't ask for registration, insurance, license.....None of that. He assume the guy in a powder blue sweatervest, Dockers and shoes that probably cost more than he made that entire day was a criminal in a stolen car and he was prepared to shoot.

It was only after talking to me outside of my vehicle for several minutes....Making baseless inquiries did he finally let me reach into my car and give him the title and bill of sale that had the same date that was on the tag.

The media says cops fear for their lives when it comes to us, but honestly quite the opposite is true.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• Swimuminati

yeah, i dunno, hard to say. either way, i think training is to blame for a lot of this shit, including some of the racism. But that is just what i gather from having chats with local police when we're in for mug club specials at the brewery.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?

i've been pulled over three times in my life. first time, when i was maybe 20, i had my (bagged) shotgun + shells behind my seat, and a cooler of my dad's beer in the back of the truck. i told the cop the gun was back there, and the first thing he did after that was unclip his sidearm. he never drew on me, but he had me get out and tell him where the gun was so he could retrieve it. i was perfectly legal with the shotgun. he wanted to pin me for the booze, but i had him call my dad (who he knew) so he could explain to the cop that the cooler of warm beer from a couple days ago was his and not mine, which was true. i ended up getting a ticket for blowing a stop sign (which i didn't do) and i was later told by the judge i was lucky that was all i got.

but i didn't get shot, so i guess i can't complain.

Oh yeah this is awfully suspicious. I dunno, I stay neutral on social issues, but if he was reaching for his wallet, why didn't the cop just shoot him in the shoulder if he felt threatened? (Which still would have been excessive imo)
    Why's he unloading a clip into him like he's the final boss in a video game or some s***?

• Banned

What was the initial reason for the stop?

i have been harassed by cops before, while doing absolutely nothing wrong. i was outside, in front of a shed that was my place of business. had just got back from a band gig and it was like 3am, and a couple of us were standing out front chatting up when a cop comes flying in. for whatever reason, he came right at me and accused me of trespassing and trying to break into the building. i told him i had keys to the front door and i worked there, and he went a little nuts when i pulled the keys out of my pants pocket to show him. i was never cuffed or restrained, but he held me there until he could get the owner of the building on the phone to confirm i was ok to be there.

that's the only time i was ever confronted by police in an aggressive way.

he told me i blew the stop sign. and i know i came to as close to a complete stop as one can come without actually putting the truck in park.

to add:
    it's entirely possible he knew who i was. i was dating the fire chief's daughter at the time, and that particular cop didn't get along too well with the chief. so it's possible it was retaliation for that, not sure.

• Banned

This is beyond f**ked up.

POOP

• Swimuminati

CyberBully360 said:

I know you're a benefit of the doubt kind of guy but this has been the norm for as long as I've been alive.....It's just now that suddenly you get to see it with your own eyes.

people are always going on and on about the rise in police brutality (and really, any other bad shit that happens) and it seems like so very little want to recognize this one fact. NOTHING UNDER THE SUN IS NEW. this shit has always happened but they somehow forget to use logic to deduce that. i mean, technology has given us the opportunity to capture it real time and share it with others. people have a much bigger stage to stand on. did you think your local newspaper was going to report on these happenings before internet access and smartphones? and to be frank, its not like all the shocked white people were ever hanging out with enough black people or living in impoverished neighborhoods where there are higher percentages of minorities, to actually hear the stories first hand. its baffling to me that people really do not get that shit like rape, kidnappings, murder, racism, and any other bad shit that happens the world over is not new or on the rise. it's your f**king access to hearing or seeing the occurrences that are on the rise.

everything you said is also completely true and should be blatantly apparent to all... only the willfully ignorant would choose to not see that or refute it. i'm a young half white, half latino, nice looking, tiny female, and i've been pulled over a few times in my life. i've been approached by officers on foot for doing illegal things. i have never had reason to fear police outside of a general distrust, because i've never had any difficulties in dealing with them. i also remain having a clean record despite all of these interactions. even so, i am not so stupid as to assume that it wasn't because of my appearance in most instances. unless they've been living under rocks their whole lives, i think people choose to remain ignorant because they find it somehow easier or self fulfilling in some way due to their own prejudices.

i'm just gonna assume none of that was directed at me personally. you don't wanna go there.

• Swimuminati

well thats good i guess, if it was, you'd be tagged.

• Banned

I think she was more sympathizing/empathizing with what I said rather than looking for a boogie man.

• Swimuminati

exactly, but i get it. people are consistently looking for an argument on the internet and we're all so used to it that the tiniest things can make one assume that someone is attempting to start one with them. everybody is on defense mode.

• Banned

Yeah, in the Hispanic community, it's a given that cops are just as bad as the bad guys.

POOP