Back from Anime Expo and LA
669   22

Dressed up as a fairy and met the voice actor of Saitama.

Now i'm back in my 9-6 job and I miss the smell of leather and greed!

• SwimPeanut

The smell of leather gets me off as well.

真実はいつもひとつ!

• Manowarrior

ELDEMONIO said:

Dressed up as a fairy

Pics.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• SwimHero

it looked like you had a lot of fun

Janeway Rules!

I can still hear the cow mooing in europhia at my nose touching his skin.

I did. I also have regrets. Dam LA traffic.

• SwimPeanut

I would've gone, but alas, my disdain for the state of California kept me from going.

真実はいつもひとつ!

Doom_Metal_Alchemist said:

ELDEMONIO said:

Dressed up as a fairy

Pics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHbGvt4AUJ4

Only pic I can find.

No one hates California. Only Republicans do.

• Manowarrior

ELDEMONIO said:

Doom_Metal_Alchemist said:

ELDEMONIO said:

Dressed up as a fairy

Pics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHbGvt4AUJ4

Only pic I can find.

I can't tell if you're the guy in the hat or the guy with the green and yellow shirt. But either case, I was expecting and hoping for something girlier looking.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

I'm the guy with the yellow and green. I have my creepy face on. Guy next to me voices Saitama(One Punch)/ King (from Seven Dead Sins)

I'm as manly as possible with a goatie and mustach on my normal days. The fact that I shaved for this shows i'm down for the team.

• SwimHero

yeah i don't miss that part about living down there. ugh such a headache.
    but they always got something going on down there.

Janeway Rules!

• SwimLegend

Like the pic, man. You have a good time in our fair city?

09/13/03

Food was good. Traffic wasn't that great. But I enjoyed it. Not sure I can handle the traffic and giant buildings everyday like others do.

• SwimLegend

Eh, you get used to it. You just have to plan traffic into your schedule.

Heck, I commuted to the con all four days.

09/13/03

Nice. Did you Cosplay?
    I stayed in a hotel so I got to the con by bus since it was free for con goers.
    LEaving and entering LA was not fun. But i'm glad I didn't crash or anything.

• SwimLegend

No, I would look silly in cosplay. Getting in an out of downtown is difficult. I'm used to it because I go into the city on an almost daily basis, but there are just certain times of day you don't attempt it. Ever since they turned the I-110's carpool into a toll lane, it's made it somewhat easier, but that stretch between the I-10 and the US-101 is a parking lot just about any hour of the day. Did you guys drive in or fly in?

09/13/03

No one looks silly in Cosplay. From what i've experienced and seen, it all depends on how your costume, attidude, and at times, make-up. I doubt a Mexican with a thick mustach and goatie like me could dress up as a fairy who looks like he's 14. Just depends on illution and being creative.

We drove 5+hrs. Traffic is worse in San Francisco. In LA, the streets are wider and safer to drive then in SF. If I knew the regular streets better i'm sure I could avoid the freeway. My GPS isn't the best at finding them though.

• SwimLegend

Oh, man. I don't enjoy driving in the Bay Area. I do it on occasion, but it's far more compact than I'm used to.

Well, the easiest way to get into downtown is (if you're coming in southbound on the I-5) taking the CA-2 south/west into Silver Lake, taking the Alvarado cut off from Glendale Blvd, and running parallel to the I-110. It gets a little tight around MacArthur Park, but you can still hit all the major streets - Wilshire, Olympic, Pico - and cut back into downtown. You can PM me anytime and I can give you some pointers into and out of the city.

09/13/03

Nice. Thanks!
    I might try going again next year but we'll see. I can definently use any advice.

• SwimPunk

a friend of mine from chicago went this year and said it's quite a shitshow, organizationally. like the whole thing was a mess or broken promises, crossed wires, and miscommunication.

is that your experience?