Workplace appreciation
257   17

• Banned

I think pats on the back at work are the dumbest f**king thing....I'm here to work...if I'm doing well that means I'm doing my job...ya don't have to tell me how proud you are...it's my f**king job....

Or my company does these "engagement surveys" all the time and they ask you the stupidest questions....like "do you have a best friend at work?"....No....I have friends...I have coworkers....I'm there to f**king work and get paid not make friends...

We think we can make honey without sharing in the fate of bees, but we are in truth nothing but poor bees, destined to accomplish our task and then die.

• Banned

That's a lame question, and my pats on the back come in the form of monetary bonuses, so I kinda like them......Is it's a plaque or certificte they can keep that shit......I don't even know where my birth certificate is....No way I'm saving that shit.

God, I hope I don't need my birth certificate any time soon.

I found it like 3 years ago and I've lost it again.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• Banned

No no you get a hand written note of appreciation like some shy middle school teen

We think we can make honey without sharing in the fate of bees, but we are in truth nothing but poor bees, destined to accomplish our task and then die.

• Banned

LOL, hell no....I'd throw it in the nearest trash can while they watched.

• SwimPeanut

Around here, we have merit points. Earn points by doing a great job, redeem the points for prizes ranging from home theater equipment to even a brand new Vespa.

If you want to pick THAT type out of a crowd, just look for the festering scabs on their elbows.

• Banned

This ain't an arcade

• SwimPeanut

The_Hive44 said:

This ain't an arcade

Arcades are done by chance and luck, merit points are based on skill and performance.

If you want to pick THAT type out of a crowd, just look for the festering scabs on their elbows.

• Banned

1938_Packard said:

Around here, we have merit points. Earn points by doing a great job, redeem the points for prizes ranging from home theater equipment to even a brand new Vespa.

LMFAO.......That's the same shit I get from playing FB spades.

• Banned

Doubt

• Swimuminati

we have this program called REACH, i can't remember what the acronym stands for but its actually pretty cool. they are these little green cards associates and managers write out for each other when someone goes above and beyond type of thing. then at the end of the month they draw four of them. one is a 25$ gift card, two are 20% off coupons, and one is a logo prize.

i do think its lame that sometimes people bribe each other with them. "if you go get the carts tonight, i'll write you a reach card" like no, if they are the one with the available time, they just need to go get them. so it does get abused a bit.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

• Banned

You saying he's unemployed?

• Banned

Well we have just engagement....but based on what we do in store and what customers say about us on the survey we get employee of the month....which is a $10 gift card

• SwimPeanut

CyberBully360 said:

1938_Packard said:

LMFAO.......That's the same shit I get from playing FB spades.

I never played that game. Does it cost money to play?

we get an xmas bonus at the bank, and one time i got a performance bonus of like $500 at my annual review. other than that, there's literally zero morale-boosting going on here. and it shows.

i give bonuses to bartenders for all sorts of different random things. $50 here, $25 there, restaurant gift certificates or tickets to sports things or concerts as i come across them. usually for performance, sometimes as awards for winning a contest or competition amongst other bartenders. none of this, leaving a positive note with their paycheck bullshit. they're not teenagers in desperate need of validation...well, most of them aren't.

• Banned

Oh, at the hotel I do get points for signing people up for Choice Priveleges......I never ask tho....I just sign everybody up and collect gas cards and food cards and shit.....That's actually kinda sweet when I don't have to pay for gas or lunch

• Swimuminati

The_Hive44 said:

Well we have just engagement....but based on what we do in store and what customers say about us on the survey we get employee of the month....which is a $10 gift card

well thats pretty cool. we have some similar stuff like, if your name is mentioned positively in a survey you automatically get a 25$ gift card and the associate of the quarter biz is 100$ cash money.

but see now, i work with so many lazy f**ks that management has to more or less bribe the employees to do their jobs. they do this crap where if you get three peeps to run credit for a the credit card in a day, 5$ gift card, 10 in a week? 10$ gift card. Then for every single one you get, you receive a jean pass and a candy bar or can of soda as well. otherwise people straight up won't even ask and we end up failing audits n shit.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

Don't get , get