My take on the Dallas shootings/Black Lives Matter stuff.
6603   119

• Babbling Banned

I posted the text in italics on Facebook earlier. Feel free to agree or disagree with me. It matters not. What matters is the message behind it, which is we must never forget that we are ONE race, and we are called to love one another and treat each other accordingly.

There are good people, and there are bad people. There are good cops and bad cops. However, in the Bible, it is written: "And from one blood he made the whole world of humanity to be dwelling on the whole surface of The Earth and he marked out the times in his decrees and set the coasts of the dwelling places of humanity." (Acts 17:26 Aramaic Bible in Plain English)
    We must remember that no matter what happens, we must rebuke the bad and exalt the good in everybody. But above all else, we must remember that every single life matters, because that is what God says. Be mindful of that and love each other.

Love each other and treat each other the way we would want to be treated. Not such a bad concept after all, don't you think? God bless.

What's a giant eye going to do, pick you up and wink you to death?

Silly emphitatic logical person.

Republicans don't care and will just say that the Black man was resisting arrest and It wouldn't of happen if he had just been coroperative.

• Banned

ELANGEL said:

Republicans don't care and will just say that the Black man was resisting arrest and It wouldn't of happen if he had just been coroperative.

See this thinking is part of the problem...instead of being jaded...instead of talking shit...act...no one of any creed race or religion deserves what's happened within the past week. Hope for a better tomorrow....work for a brighter future....nothing happens sitting on your ass...do the work and then we may bask in the fruits of our labor...

We think we can make honey without sharing in the fate of bees, but we are in truth nothing but poor bees, destined to accomplish our task and then die.

• Babbling Banned

The_Hive44 said:

ELANGEL said:

See this thinking is part of the problem...instead of being jaded...instead of talking shit...act...no one of any creed race or religion deserves what's happened within the past week. Hope for a better tomorrow....work for a brighter future....nothing happens sitting on your ass...do the work and then we may bask in the fruits of our labor...

Quoted for truth.

• SwimHero

I disagree.
    This is just the end result of our corrupt police system that needs to be completely overhauled. It is not something that has only been happening overnight either but since the formation of this nation.

Janeway Rules!

No.
    Blak ppl bad n r criminul.
    Din du nuffin?
    Mor lik did it all always!

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Toonami

zombieberkman said:

I posted the text in italics on Facebook earlier. Feel free to agree or disagree with me. It matters not. What matters is the message behind it, which is we must never forget that we are ONE race, and we are called to love one another and treat each other accordingly.

There are good people, and there are bad people. There are good cops and bad cops. However, in the Bible, it is written: "And from one blood he made the whole world of humanity to be dwelling on the whole surface of The Earth and he marked out the times in his decrees and set the coasts of the dwelling places of humanity." (Acts 17:26 Aramaic Bible in Plain English)
    We must remember that no matter what happens, we must rebuke the bad and exalt the good in everybody. But above all else, we must remember that every single life matters, because that is what God says. Be mindful of that and love each other.

Love each other and treat each other the way we would want to be treated. Not such a bad concept after all, don't you think? God bless.

to be fair the meaning of the term "black lives matter" is actually "black lives matter TOO"

• SwimPunk Banned

It's not just a racial thing. It's really a police brutality issue and racism is sometimes a factor in it.

Hypothetically, you could believe whatever about racism and still feel the need for police reform.

• SwimNinja

Well I don't believe in god, but treating people nice is OK with me.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Babbling Banned

p00fy said:

It's not just a racial thing. It's really a police brutality issue and racism is sometimes a factor in it.

Hypothetically, you could believe whatever about racism and still feel the need for police reform.

Of course. That's why I said what I said.

• Banned

Everything is bad.

To reverse this, we must end the universe.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• ShoeHands

I hate to say it but im not sure theres going to be a real coming back from this. Weve reached a point in our history where we are so impossibly divided that its going to take something truly massive to bring us back together.
    No one wants to talk to each other anymore and everyone does all they can to stay in a bubble of people who think exactly like them. Its created this atmosphere where simply dialogue is impossible between groups.

Its going to take a near act of god to really bring us together again. Really, even that might not be enough. Maybe a full blown World War or nuclear strike on a US city would do it, but even then I think were so divided that im not sure we wouldnt argue over it.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• SwimNinja

I think it will take a aliens showing up.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

DeusMasquerade said:

Everything is bad.

Yeah well I'm not coming to school tomorrow.

• SwimPunk

People really don't understand the black lives matter movement.

Stupid.

• ShoeHands

Yea, that would probably do it.

Boy how f**ked are we if the only hope any of us can see for us coming together is a threat to the entire species?

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• SwimPunk Banned

Yes sir

• Babbling Banned

Zenigundam said:

DeusMasquerade said:

Everything is bad.

Yeah well I'm not coming to school tomorrow.

And this is why your posts are must-read for me now. Thanks for making me laugh.

• Babbling

BooThickemz said:

People really don't understand the black lives matter movement.

Don't understand or don't care?

• Banned

The Big Bang was the single greatest mistake eternity has made.

The development of human consciousness is the second.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Banned

We are all the human race, but we are not the same.....The day this colorblind racism ends, the better off we'll be.

Well, my people will be.....You'll still not be a target but maybe it will be evident that we are not treated the same and no amount of sweet words is going to make us the same.

And no, this isn't SJW bullshit telling you that you need to be guilty and feel bad, I'm just saying we are not exactly the same and so a hierarchy exists and certain people are valued more than others.

And while I don't want to dump on your faith, that same god you alluded to also separated the races and gave them different tongues when they tried to ascend Babel........You know.....If you believe that kind of thing.

You were banned. It fills you with determination