oh look! another officer has been shot
626   23

this time outside stl. condition unknown, likely critical after taking three shots to the neck during a routine traffic stop. suspect has been apprehended.

http://wgntv.com/2016/07/08/officer-shot-outside-st-louis-suspect-apprehended/

• Banned

F**kin A, assholes, quit your shit.

POOP

• SwimNinja

This is turning into some mad max shit.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

here's a little more info.

http://www.kmov.com/story/32402261/officer-shot-in-ballwin

my local radio station (about 2 hours from stl) reported about an hour ago that the cop was shot three times, but i'm not seeing that in any of these stories. unofficially, the cop is in critical condition, but official reports are listing his condition as "unknown" for now.

Canada here I come.

lol, downvotes.

• SwimPunk

Instead of police brutality, it's community brutality. The code of Hammurabi. Black men get killed by police and in return they kill the police. It's going to run it's course.

Stupid.

• Assy McGee Banned

Could be completely unrelated, but if not I imagine a bunch of army kids got tired of the horseshit.

• SwimPunk

I seen a lot of people all outraged about this. I can see both sides. 😶

Stupid.

it's probably not directly related to the dallas thing, but i wouldn't be surprised if it's part of the larger issue of civilian v cop that will continue to play out over the next several days.

Well, that certainly is a turn of events

• Babbling

Did you know that 6 people are killed every day by police?

So what's the score?

• Banned

Most of the people killed by police deserved to die.

What's the score? How has no one banned you yet?

ThorsPenor said:

Did you know that 6 people are killed every day by police?

So what's the score?

you wanna drop a contrary stat? you bring the score.

• Banned

Of course this is news....Why wouldn't it be.....FB and the mass media couldn't quit the reports of the two murders by police quiet so now let's devalue all of that by sensationalizing the entire play.

You paid for the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• SwimPunk Banned

I know it's wrong to shoot police officers that have done nothing wrong. But I see why it's happening. The government has created a system that encourages police to shoot people. Since none of these literally hundreds of cops get charged for anything when they shoot and kill someone, subconsciously they have to see the gun as a way out of the dangerous situations on the streets. Maybe they don't think it verbose in their head, but it becomes "if I kill them, I'll survive and I might just lose my job" There's little to no consequence. Yea they MIGHT get fired, though most of them ultimately don't, right? And when the officer is in a threatening situation, I don't think losing their job trumps survival.

Like the cop who shot Philando Castile. If he felt threatened, why not just run away from the car? They were buckled in, sitting down, and he could've gotten to a safe place away from the car easy. Instead he looked to his gun as a way out.

The cops need to know there are consequences for killing innocent people so they don't do it just to guarantee their survival. Like if a cop knew he would get lynched if he shot someone who's innocent, he could only look to the gun as a way out if he was 100% sure the suspect was about to hurt someone. Right now it's like a cop might be 30% sure but that's too scary for him so he shoots an innocent person to be safe for himself.

what you describe is the way it's supposed to be already. but obviously, for some officers, it's not.

• Babbling

Daosguard said:

Most of the people killed by police deserved to die.

What's the score? How has no one banned you yet?

Haha someone downvoted your dumb post too.

• SwimPunk Banned

Exactly. The system encourages it by not punishing it. And it's been going on so long with so many voices pointing it out that people are getting so mad they're lashing out and killing random police who had nothing to do with the incidents. It's not right, but if the fundamental problem isn't fixed, it's going to continue.

unconfirmed reports popping up that the offier has died from his injuries. not surprising, considering an eyewitness said someone was performing cpr on him at the scene.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ballwin-officer-shot-and-wounded-during-traffic-stop-suspect-held/article_2def1b64-a632-5ea7-b5f0-031f4dd1bce3.html

aaaaand now the ballwin police are saying the cop is critical but stable. see kids, this is why unconfirmed reports aren't put all over the news.