An inane question that probably doesn't have an answer
159   11

• Thunder Goddess

Why is it that when you lose weight and get rid of your fat clothes, you gain the weight back, but when you gain weight and get rid of your skinny clothes, you don't lose the weight again?

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

• SwimParagon

The human body is insidious like that. If you lose weight, your body freaks out and OMG MUST GET WEIGHT BACK HALP. If you gain weight, your body's all YAY IM READY FOR FAMINES and just keeps it. And, apparently, no amount of willpower is gonna keep your weight off. :s

So, best you can hope for is not gaining more. Yaaaaaaaay.

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Manowarrior

This is why I don't believe in giving away your fat clothes. You'll need them again, soon enough.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• SwimElder

Losing weight takes effort. If you don't change eating habits permanently, it won't stick. If you relax too much you slip back into old habits.

• Helper

Never say you lost weight. Losing something usually means you need to find it.

I prefer to claim that I'm donating it. Unfortunately the IRS didn't think that was funny.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Assy McGee Banned

My weight only fluctuates within a ten pound range.

My clothes question is why are the first holes in jeans always around the ass or crotch?

Doom_Metal_Alchemist said:

This is why I don't believe in giving away your fat clothes. You'll need them again, soon enough.

So much this

• Thunder Goddess

Doom_Metal_Alchemist said:

mine are in a couple of totes in the cellar. Happily, I haven't had to break them out since I moved; sadly, I could use the storage space.

• Thunder Goddess

NaClO said:

Losing weight takes effort. If you don't change eating habits permanently, it won't stick. If you relax too much you slip back into old habits.

Oh, I know - I've lost about 60 lbs just by making small, gradual, sustainable changes. It's not that bad - the down side is that it's taken 3 or 4 years, but hell, I got nothin' but time.

(But I'm' still keeping the fat clothes.)

• Thunder Goddess

PerfectFlowingHair said:

The human body is insidious like that. If you lose weight, your body freaks out and OMG MUST GET WEIGHT BACK HALP. If you gain weight, your body's all YAY IM READY FOR FAMINES and just keeps it. And, apparently, no amount of willpower is gonna keep your weight off. :s

So, best you can hope for is not gaining more. Yaaaaaaaay.

In my experience, it's always like MUST GET MOAR WEIGHT BACK! HALP

• SwimParagon

Yeeeeeeeeep. This is why I'm glad my weight's still at 150 instead of higher. Figure if I fight for vanity pounds I'll just end up back where I started, but worse.

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv